Event Log Error RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

when I want to look at the HPC Head Node in the „Microsoft-Windows-HPCServer-Scheduler/Operational“ log of the event view, I get an error
    „Some events fields my not display descriptive text because this information cannot be retrieved from the component that raises these events. The component may be misconfigured or corrupted.“
    And no Events are shown. Is there a way to fix this issue?

Kind regards,
    Sven

• Moved by Rae WangModerator Wednesday, July 15, 2009 10:54 PM (From:Windows HPC Server Deployment, Management, and Administration)
    Wednesday, July 15, 2009 7:16 PM

Answers

All replies

• Can you let us know what OS and HPC Pack versions you are running?  We've investigating this problem but haven't been able to figure out the full cause yet.

Thanks,
    Josh

-Josh
    Friday, July 17, 2009 8:26 PM
  • I am running Windows HPC Server 2008 SP2 with HPC Pack Version 2.1.1703.0.

Regards,
    Sven

Monday, July 20, 2009 7:05 PM
  • I am also having the same issue - it seems to have happened after I updated to 2008 SP2 and ran HPC Pack SP1.
    Monday, July 27, 2009 8:13 PM
  • We're aware of this issue and looking into it.  I'll post back here when we've got some more info.
    -Josh
    Thursday, July 30, 2009 6:38 PM
  • Hello All,

I have a new install of the Windows HPC Server 2008.  In the Event Viewer there is a tab for the job scheduler, however whenever I click on that tab I receive the following message:

Some event fields may not display descriptive text because this information cannot be retrieved from the component that rasies these events. The component may be misconfigured or corrupted.

The odd thing is that jobs submit and run just fine.  Does anyone have any ideas about what this might mean?

Aquil
    Wednesday, September 2, 2009 1:45 PM
  • Just a quick update on this issue: We have reproduced it internally and are working on a solution for you guys.  We hope to have some news in a few days.

Thanks!
    Josh
    -Josh
    Wednesday, September 9, 2009 6:19 PM
  • I've posted more details (including a workaround) on this issue on our blog: http://blogs.technet.com/windowshpc/archive/2009/09/19/Eventing-Problem-Workaround.aspx

Thanks,
    Josh

-Josh
    Friday, September 18, 2009 11:41 PM
  • We've released a patch that fixes this issue (don't let the title of the patch fool you):
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=9d76e266-92d1-49b0-8bf3-cd811b6a5a4c

Thanks,
    Josh
    -Josh
    Thursday, October 15, 2009 11:42 PM
  • I'm trying to use the System.Diagnostics.EventLog Class to read from the Microsoft-Windows-HPCServer-Scheduler/Operational log but I just can't access it.
    Also, it is not showed when I use the class to list the logs of the computer.

Azazyel
    Saturday, March 13, 2010 7:11 AM