How to attach a Word format Template to an Entity and fill Dynamic Data into it in CRM 2011 ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All,

I want one customization in MSD CRM 2011.Let me know if this is possible or not.

If it is then Please let me know the Suggestions and helpful links for the same.

I want one Word Document to be attached with one CRM Entity and want to fill Dynamic Data of that Entity in that Document.

As Example, I want to do an Agreement with Qualified Lead, then at the time of Lead Qualification that Word document should be filled with the Required Dynamic Data of that Lead.

Any help would be Appreciated.

Friday, June 7, 2013 8:58 AM

Answers

All replies

• The only way you can do this out of the box is to perform a Microsoft Word Mail Merge.

You will need a third party solution to do anything more.

Scott Durow
    Blog: www.develop1.net    Follow Me
    Rockstar365  Profile
    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

Friday, June 7, 2013 11:26 AM
    Answerer
  • Hello Scott,

Thanks for the response.

Let say i have created and uploaded one custom Word Template into MSD CRM 2011.

Can you tell me how can i use that Microsoft Word Mail Merge Template to be filled through Plugin code or any code reference ?

If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

Friday, June 7, 2013 11:36 AM
  • Unfortunately you can't use Mail Merge through a Plugin -  if you are OnPrem, you could use Reporting Services to generate a report as Word - http://ankit.inkeysolutions.com/2012/11/dynamics-crm-2011-creating-e-mail.html

Scott Durow
    Blog: www.develop1.net    Follow Me
    Rockstar365  Profile

• Marked as answer by DynamicsCRM31 Monday, June 10, 2013 5:34 AM
    Friday, June 7, 2013 11:43 AM
    Answerer