Click to chat in a custom web app? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I just installed OCS 2007 and need a way to list OCS users along with their presense information.

I think I can use the name control to show the status info, but the downsides are that those presense controls require either MS Office and/or Office Communicator to be installed on the client.

I need to have a visitor start a chat with one of the OCS users listed on the site. This would be similar to online tech support where users can start chat with tech support assistants. The visitor could come from anywhere and may or may not have Office Communicator or office installed.

What I'm thinking of doing is creating a generic user for all these visitors. Then I would login this a visitor to OCS under generic account and start web chat.

Can someone comment on whether above is a good approach and/or if there is a better way to do this? If this is the way to do this, should I be using OCS AJAX SDK or there are easier solutions? Thanks.

Mark

Tuesday, December 4, 2007 8:04 PM

All replies

• Hello,

I would suggest using OCS AJAX SDK as the way to go or you could use UCCP COM SDK as well to cut a solution.

Regards,

Vivek Garg

http://imwire.eventure.biz

Thursday, December 6, 2007 5:13 PM