MS CRM 2011 - Task related problem RRS feed

• General discussion

• I have a situation where I need to assign a task to already defined team. Basicly there is a date field on the form and workflow which generates the task.

I need to monitor someway that someone of the team is handling the task. How could I do that?

Also there is a need that everything could be done via outlook client.

Thursday, July 25, 2013 6:08 AM

All replies

• I have a situation where I need to assign a task to already defined team. Basicly there is a date field on the form and workflow which generates the task.

I need to monitor someway that someone of the team is handling the task. How could I do that?

Also there is a need that everything could be done via outlook client.

Hmm. If I assign a task to a team, will the go to the team members outlook if the synchronation is on? Also, if one of the team members mark the task complete, will that remove the task from the team members outlook?
    Thursday, July 25, 2013 6:39 AM
  • You can do the same thing with different ways. For example have a bit field and user should tick this field as Task Accepted.

User can assign task to himself and you will know than now the team is not the owner.

Regards Faisal

Thursday, July 25, 2013 7:23 AM
  • You can do the same thing with different ways. For example have a bit field and user should tick this field as Task Accepted.

User can assign task to himself and you will know than now the team is not the owner.

Regards Faisal

Yes, I think that I make a wokrflow which will create a task or some other activity (this depends from the customer finally) where the team is owner. Then I put all activities related custom form's (customer own custom entity) body section. And from that "view" you can easily check the statuses and also, if someone assigns activity for a itself, the info will updated to the view and also to correct user's outlook calendar.
    Thursday, July 25, 2013 7:48 AM