Automate PC Hibernation through a WHS 2011 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi.

I have  a network ( 2 Windows10 PCs and a WHS 2011 ) running smoothly ; Lights-out is running on the WHS.

Through Lights out I can hibernate/wake up any of the PCs ; I'd like to automate this process : ie turning every day PCs on at 7am and off at 11pm.

Can anyone help me ?

Thanks in advance.

FG

Monday, October 3, 2016 1:30 PM

Answers

• Suggest you seek advice from the Lights Out Company. However, without Lights Out, I would try a Task Scheduler Task on each client.

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

Wednesday, October 12, 2016 11:08 PM

All replies

• Hi FGM,

Please check the following post, there are some good explanation there:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/en-US/f309c7fc-8f6b-49ac-a9b1-f599dbcb1666/timed-shutdown-and-startup?forum=winserveressentials

Best Regards,

Anne

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, October 5, 2016 3:25 AM
  • Hi Anne,

Thanks for your answer .

Unfortunately this post is not relevant as  I'm NOT trying to automate the WHS shutdown/wake up,but the PCs connected to this WHS .

Regards

Francois

Wednesday, October 12, 2016 1:51 PM
  • Suggest you seek advice from the Lights Out Company. However, without Lights Out, I would try a Task Scheduler Task on each client.

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

Wednesday, October 12, 2016 11:08 PM
  • Hi FGM,

Could the above replies be of help, if yes, you may mark useful replies as answer, if not, feel free to feed back.

Best Regards,

Anne

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, October 14, 2016 2:11 AM