none
Send notification email for multiple status managers on a project. RRS feed

• Question

• Is it possibility that when a project is published the notification email will send to two or more status managers on the project? I know the project server only have one owner of a project, and the owner can receive many notification emails, I want other PMs also receive the notification emails.

Thursday, April 28, 2011 8:50 AM

Answers

• Hi, this is not possible out of the box.  you would have to write some code on the 1st publish of a project, and then email out to your PMs (probably via a distribution list).  You could write this code in VBA or as a server side event, depending on your skill set.
    Ben Howard [MVP] blog | web
    Thursday, April 28, 2011 1:04 PM

All replies

• Hi, this is not possible out of the box.  you would have to write some code on the 1st publish of a project, and then email out to your PMs (probably via a distribution list).  You could write this code in VBA or as a server side event, depending on your skill set.
    Ben Howard [MVP] blog | web
  • If they're assigned a task in the schedule, they should get an e-mail.

Andrew Lavinsky [MVP] Blog: http://azlav.umtblog.com Twitter: @alavinsky
  • Hi  Ben_Hoard and Lavinsky

Is it possible add two status managers for a task? I found that the notification email not send to the project owner, if i change the owner for a new one, the old owner still receive the email and the new owner receive nothing, the status manager need manual change then can receive the notification email.

I notice that in the web there is a column named "Status Managers", but in the client the column named "Status Manager". I only can change the Status Managers in the client and select one person for as the status managers.

Friday, April 29, 2011 2:34 AM