Error message when assigning import to a user RRS feed

• Question

• When I select an Import task and click the "Assign" button, and choose a user, I get the message "invalid recipient type." In the event log on the server, I see this message: The 'Assign' method does not support entities of type 'Import'. 

Is this message accurate? Does CRM not support changing the owner of an Import task? If not, then, umm... why is there an "Assign" button on the list of imports?

Followup question: The reason I'm trying to change the owner of an import is because it needs to be viewed by another user who for some reason can't otherwise see it. The Import was created by me. I have the Administrator role assigned. I confirmed that the other user's role allows them to see all imports (as well as data maps) within their business unit. I'm in the same business unit. So why can't the other user see any of my imports? And what can I do about it? I even tried sharing the import to the specific user -- no luck. What am I missing?

Thursday, May 6, 2010 9:32 PM

All replies

• Hi Joshua,

Can you check the Security role assigned to the user you want to assign the Import to?  In the "Core Records" tab, there is a row for Data Import permissions.  Make sure they have the "Read" permission as a minimum as well as permissions to the see entity that you have imported to.

Regards,

Matt

Thursday, May 6, 2010 11:02 PM
  • Yes, The user's role is set to allow them to view (and edit, and everything but delete) all Imports, Data Maps, Accounts, and Contacts at the "Parent: Child Business Units" level. The Import task is owned by me, and I'm in the same business unit as the user; the imported Contacts and Accounts (two separate imports) are owned by a user in a child business unit. The imported items are visible to the user, as they should be. Only the import task itself is hidden, which makes it hard for the user to review the import failures.

Friday, May 7, 2010 1:39 PM