Windows 7 Build 7600. This copy of Windows is not genuine RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I purchased my laptop a year or so ago and it came with Windows 7. Recently I noticed that "Windows 7 Build 7600 This copy of Windows is not genuine" was on the bottom right of my desktop. I then went into the System section of the control panel and it says "Windows activation - not available" Is there anything I can do to fix this?

I have downloaded MGADiag but everytime I press continue to try and get a report it crashes and says it's not responding.

Thanks
    Wednesday, February 20, 2013 3:53 PM

Answers

• Please start with some system checks...

Please run a full CHKDSK and SFC scan....

Click on Start > All Programs > Accessories

Right-click on the Command Prompt entry

Select Run as Administrator and accept the UAC prompt - the Elevated Command Prompt window should pop up.

At the Command prompt, type

CHKDSK C: /R

and hit the Enter key.

You will be told that the drive is locked,

and the CHKDSK will run at he next boot - hit the Y key, press Enter, and then reboot.

The CHKDSK will take a few hours depending on the size of the drive, so be patient!

After the CHKDSK has run, Windows should boot normally (possibly after a second auto-reboot) -

then run the SFC.

SFC -System File Checker - Instructions

Click on Start > All Programs > Accessories

Right-click on the Command Prompt entry

Select Run as Administrator and accept the UAC prompt - the Elevated Command Prompt window should pop up.

At the Command prompt, type

SFC /SCANNOW

and hit the Enter key

Wait for the scan to finish - make a note of any error messages - and then reboot.

Copy the CBS.log file created (C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log) to your desktop (you can't manipulate it directly) and then compress the copy and upload it to your SkyDrive Public folder (http://skydrive.live.com ) and post a link to it so that I can take a look.

Post a new MGADiag report with details of any error messages encountered.

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    No - I do not work for Microsoft, or any of its contractors.

Wednesday, February 20, 2013 5:00 PM