Sqlserver connection issues after rolleup are installed RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

After installing rollups I am getting below error

Server Error in '/' Application.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server)

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[SqlException (0x80131904): A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server)]
       System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.GetConnection(DbConnection owningObject) +578
       System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection) +88
       System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.OpenConnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory) +6265031
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open() +258
       Microsoft.Crm.CrmDbConnection.Open() +482
       Microsoft.Crm.SharedDatabase.DatabaseMetadata.LoadMetadataXmlFromDatabase(CrmDBConnectionType connectionType, String connectionString, Int32& maxBlobSize) +147
       Microsoft.Crm.ConfigurationDatabase.ConfigurationMetadata.get_Cache() +125
       Microsoft.Crm.SharedDatabase.DatabaseService.Initialize(String tableName) +36
       Microsoft.Crm.SharedDatabase.DatabaseService.Retrieve(String tableName, String[] columns, PropertyBag[] conditions) +90
       Microsoft.Crm.ServerLocatorService.GetSiteSettingIdFromDatabase() +183
       Microsoft.Crm.ServerLocatorService.GetSiteSettingId() +194
       Microsoft.Crm.ServerLocatorService.GetSiteSetting(String settingName) +42
       Microsoft.Crm.CrmTrace.get_RefreshTrace() +496

A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server)

Wednesday, March 31, 2010 6:04 PM

Answers

• Hi Rhettclinton,

Thankyou for your reply, yes I verified all setting on sql server everything was fine. The problem is with CRM server which is a virtual machine, rollup installation replaced the existing sql server settings in registry. I edited the registry settings manually now its working fine. It never happen before when I installed on other VPC installations. Need to figureout what went wrong.

Wednesday, March 31, 2010 9:39 PM

All replies

• Check your firewall settings.

Can you ping your sql server from your crm server.

MSCRM Bing'd - http://bingsoft.wordpress.com

Wednesday, March 31, 2010 8:53 PM
  • Hi Rhettclinton,

Thankyou for your reply, yes I verified all setting on sql server everything was fine. The problem is with CRM server which is a virtual machine, rollup installation replaced the existing sql server settings in registry. I edited the registry settings manually now its working fine. It never happen before when I installed on other VPC installations. Need to figureout what went wrong.

Wednesday, March 31, 2010 9:39 PM