Dynamics crm 2013 workflows - share/assign records to related users. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

In my Lead Entity I have created a 1:N relationship to User entity and has named it Managers.

The list of managers varies, thus cannot use team.  There are 10 managers, and for every lead there can be 1 or more managers associated with the lead.

What I want is to share/assign the lead to the associated managers.

I want to create a custom workflow to achieve this, can anyone help me hos to achieve this?

What should be the target, etc?

Many Thanks

Regards

Vinay

Monday, October 21, 2013 10:59 AM

All replies

• Hi

According to your description above, I believe the "managers" should already have access to these lead records according to their CRM security roles. Unless to define lead as user based only records which is unlikely in most business scenario.

If the "managers" have been defined to have global access to lead records, you don't need to share at all. Simply create a new view for managers to show "Active Lead records I am a manager" by creating a new view like the following

This should work. The other possible way is to use the new follow / unfollow feature in CRM 2013

Regards,

Jaimie

• Edited by Jaimie Ji Monday, October 21, 2013 12:10 PM
    Monday, October 21, 2013 11:52 AM
  • This custom workflow library allows you to share and un=share records via a workflow: CRM 2011 Workflow Utilities

Jason Lattimer
    My Blog -  Follow me on Twitter -  LinkedIn

Monday, October 21, 2013 12:47 PM
  • Jason:

Are there any issues using this in 2013 Online?

Robert McAnally CRM Administrator • BizNet Software

Thursday, May 8, 2014 6:39 PM