none
Forums Topic Category RRS feed

• Question

• Navigation of Forums Category, is not easy to navigate.

Need to use search every time;  to switch on other topics.

Every second counts..make use of it. Disclaimer: This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights.

Monday, October 28, 2013 3:34 AM

All replies

• Navigation of Forums Category, is not easy to navigate.

Need to use search every time;  to switch on other topics.

Rather than viewing a single forum, the forums support a combined view of selected forums (which can be just one forum). After using the left rail to select your view, you can save the generated URL as a bookmark/favorite in your browser. Once you have saved URL's for the view(s) that you use, you can hide the left rail because you do not need it any more.

For me, without this methodology the forums would be completely unusable, but with it I find them quite convenient. I use the SeaMonkey browser, which uses FireFox Sync, so the bookmarked links are automatically available on all my machines.

Instead of saving URL's, you can use My Forums Threads, but this only gives you only one view, with IMHO too many forums.

I also have browser bookmarks for My Threads, My Profile and My Settings, so I really do not use the navigation facilities provided by the forums.

David Wilkinson | Visual C++ MVP

Monday, October 28, 2013 10:16 AM
  • Hi David,

I agree with you.

IMHO, if the user is not so Tech Savvy. ( i think even tech savvy will also get confuse)

He/she will find it hard to find the forum  he/she wants to go. Or want to post and ask some help or questions.

I believe that this forum should also target or consider users who are not so Technical adept.

Unless Technet is targeting or assuming that only technical users should post on Technet forums.

just my 2 cents :)

Every second counts..make use of it. Disclaimer: This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights.

Tuesday, October 29, 2013 2:32 AM
  • Unless Technet is targeting or assuming that only technical users should post on Technet forums.
    Well, sort of. The Answers site is much more end user friendly.

Don't retire TechNet! - (Maybe there's still a chance for hope, over 12,225+ strong and growing)

Tuesday, October 29, 2013 2:35 AM
  • Unless Technet is targeting or assuming that only technical users should post on Technet forums.

Well, sort of. The Answers site is much more end user friendly.

Don't retire TechNet! - (Maybe there's still a chance for hope, over 12,225+ strong and growing)

Hi Mike, but would it not be better if the Technet forums will be more user friendly?

Windows OS is user friendly, Technet forums should also be user friendly.

IMHO, if Technet navigation will be very very easy to track around. Then I guess, everyone will be busy. Full house. :)

But some users might be scared to post, first impression would be ohh!! Microsoft forum :).

I think a Welcome to first time post, should be acknowledge..

Tuesday, October 29, 2013 6:49 AM