none
Bank no longer provides MS Money Download RRS feed

• Question

• My Bank and several other are no longer providing MS Money Downloads.  They are exclusively using Quicken (YUK) and csv.  Does anyone know a way around this.  I just hate quicken and would like to continue with MS Money but manual reconcilliation is something I'd like to avoid

Thank you for any advice

Friday, August 3, 2012 6:40 PM

All replies

• Care to name the bank?

There are converters that can convert csv files to one of the formats that Money will accept. However not all csv files are the same, so some configuration may be needed.

Friday, August 3, 2012 11:58 PM
  • On Fri, 3 Aug 2012 18:40:16 +0000, Harley Bob wrote:

>
    >
    >My Bank and several other are no longer providing MS Money Downloads.  They are exclusively using Quicken (YUK) and csv.  Does anyone know a way around this.  I just hate quicken and would like to continue with MS Money but manual reconcilliation is something I'd like to avoid
    >
    >
    >
    >Thank you for any advice

If the Quicken download is a .qfx file.  Money can probably read that directly  (there are some issues if there are ampersands in the data, but, if that is the case, it is an easy fix).  Change the .qfx extension to .ofx and then Money should be able to open it.  Or, if you are reasonably knowledgeable, you can set .qfx extension to be opened directly by Money.

Ron
    Saturday, August 4, 2012 12:06 AM
  • You can have MS Money import Quicken qfx files directly.

The instructions are located here ->

http://microsoftmoneyoffline.wordpress.com/reg-file-to-import-quicken-qfx-files-automatically-into-money/

You will recognize the name of the developer :)

Tuesday, August 7, 2012 12:58 AM