I suggest checking Infrant NV+ Product RRS feed

• General discussion

• Expensive but does a lot.  Level of community leverage for product improvements, rapid fixes is impressive and really is helping to sustain their popularity even at their price range.  If their price comes down, they would be one of the choice for users. Mananagement and connectivity with MAC is also important as it's no longer unusual to have mixed envirnment at home.  Family member with MAC(s) could vote out in family purchase meeting.   2 cents.  Offering as DSP package would be great.
    Saturday, April 14, 2007 10:05 AM

All replies

• Throughput on the Infrant is lagging though having said that I haven't seen much discussion in this forum about WHS throughput. I have had disappointing anecdotal observation on a GE home network with WHS but it is possible there are other contributing factors so I need to spend some time to understand where the bottleneck/s are.
    Saturday, April 14, 2007 5:33 PM
  • You could also add D-Link or Linksys NAS products to your short list - but at the end of the day, none of them provide the functionality that Windows Home Server will - it is much more than just network attached storage.

Sure most of the consumer NAS products also lets you stream media and ship with some sort of backup software, but how well do they work - can you do a bare metal restore?

One last thing - which of the available consumer NAS products allows for secure remote access, not only to the files stored on the NAS product, but to the desktops on the network - to the best of my knowledge - none.

Sunday, April 15, 2007 9:37 PM
  • I think that as this product matures, the level of integration with the Windows operating system and other Microsoft products will be one of this products best selling points.
    Monday, April 16, 2007 1:39 AM