Office home and student 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• How can I find out how many licenses I have left on my Office Home and Student 2007 installation disk.  I know we are allowed 3 I am not sure if I have used 2 or 3 of them.

Thanks,
    Kath
    Friday, December 25, 2009 5:27 PM

Answers

• Hello kathisme,

Retail licenses for Office Home and Student 2007 permit the product to be installed and activated on up to three computers at any given time as long as those computers are associated with the same household and the products are not being used in a commerical setting.

To read your product's Software Licensing Terms, open up an Office program such as Word, click the Office button, then click Word Options, then resources, then About Word.  In the resultant dialog box, click the link for the Software Licensing Terms.

As far as I know, there is no button to click or website to visit to inform you of how many licenses have or have not been used out of your Office Home and Student 2007 retail package.  Microsoft's product activation system for retail licenses has ample "wiggle room" that gives consumers a very comfortable margin for error regarding these types of issues.
    For great advice on all topics XP, visit http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp
    Saturday, December 26, 2009 4:14 PM