Vail Connector wont install RRS feed

• Question

• I'm currently running vail and no complaints. I downloaded the connector software to my xp sp3 laptop. Double click on the install icon and i get "Unexpected error has occurred. To resolve this issue, contact the person responsible for your network." Not sure what the hang up is. Surfed the forum but nobody seems to be experiencing the same problem. Thanks
    Thursday, October 21, 2010 3:07 AM

All replies

• I had one XP/SP3 client that refused to install the connector software.

Turned out the problem was caused by wrong access permissions introduced by converting the system drive from FAT32 to NTFS.
    Based on the information you give us I can not say if this is your problem, but please checkout feedback#588060 (and maybe the work-arround) on Connect?

Bit of a warning: In my case this was a test system. The work-arround was only done to confirm this perticular problem and was not ment as a solution.
    Setting the permission as per workarround to "Everyone, Full controll" obviously is a bit to much from the perspective of system security...
    If this solves your problem, please let me know?

In any case, please bug your problem on Connect?
    - Theo.

No home server like Home Server
    Thursday, October 21, 2010 7:34 PM
  • Thx for the reply. I forgot to add that I'm running XP pro. Anyway I tried the work around with no success. I had no problem running the old WHS v1 connector. Well hope I can solve it. I did log it with connect. 
    Thursday, October 21, 2010 10:40 PM