Drawbacks on security roles RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone

I'm with a doubt about the roles functionalities and would like to receive comments on the following scenario:

I have an on premise CRM 2011 Server, there is a parent Business Organization Unit and 2 child’s Business Units

[Business Organization UNIT]-> Here is located the admin user

1. [Business Unit A] -> Here is the sales person A
    2. [Business Unit B]-> Here is the sales person B

These are the securities roles applied to the A & B sales people:

The Sales person A creates an Account in the CRM

The System Admin creates an Opportunity for the Sales person’s Account, but the system admin is the opportunity owner and he doesn’t share it, later he creates activities and save them as complete.

When the Sales person A displays the open opportunities view he can see not only his opportunities but also the System admin opportunities.

When the Sales person A click on the account name, in the left he can read all the activities created and closed for that record.

* Here comes mi question:

How could this be possible if I setup in the roles map for the Sales person A to read only his Opportunities and Activities?

Wednesday, April 18, 2012 3:46 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I suspect this is due to the cascading nature of account ownership. By default, any 'Parental' relationships from Account to other entities will have 'Cascade All' on 'Re-parent'. 

To get around this, you can set the 'Type of Behavior' to 'Configurable Cascading' and change the Reparent to 'Cascade None'

hth,

Scott

Scott Durow
    Read my blog: www.develop1.net/public
    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

Wednesday, April 18, 2012 8:46 PM
    Answerer
  • thank you very much Scott, this answer was very helpful to solve the problem of data display
    Monday, April 23, 2012 2:19 PM
  • Hi Silvia,

Glad this worked out for you.

Can you mark it as answered to close of the thread please.

Thanks,

Scott

Scott Durow
    Read my blog: www.develop1.net/public
    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

Monday, April 23, 2012 4:56 PM
    Answerer