none
Threads in My Threads are not appearing italicized when new posts are available RRS feed

• Question

• I'm assuming this is a bug, so I'm posting it here instead of in the suggestions thread. I'm pretty certain I've seen several conflicting posts about this in the Q&A threads, but I'm definitely not seeing any change in the font of the thread title when new posts are available to be seen.

This isn't as big of a deal any longer, now that we can see who/when the last post was made in a thread, but I figured it was worth mentioning.

Friday, June 21, 2013 5:32 AM

Answers

All replies

• To me a visual indication in the list of My Threads is very important. And a filter of Unread with new messages (Unread threads filter will not apply to 'My Threads' view).

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

My TechNet articles

Friday, June 21, 2013 2:54 PM
  • I also noticed that all threads in "My Threads" seem to be bold, so perhaps this is a bug.

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services

Friday, June 21, 2013 9:32 PM
  • It is a confirmed by Bryant bug in one of the threads.

My blog

My TechNet articles

Friday, June 21, 2013 10:30 PM
  • Here's a perfect example of why I need to see who proposed an answer. I just got a notification that an answer was proposed here, but I want to know who actually proposed it before I mark it as an answer.

Since I have no clue, I'll either leave this to a moderator who can see this information, or I'll wait until I can confirm that this issue has been fixed.

Monday, June 24, 2013 11:35 PM
  • I see an answer has been marked, but this issue is still happening.

Don't retire TechNet!

Tuesday, July 2, 2013 7:48 PM
  • Yes, this bug is not fixed yet.

My blog

My TechNet articles

Tuesday, July 2, 2013 8:15 PM
  • I marked the answer. Ed Price is the one that marked it "Proposed Answer". I marked it because: The two people (I know of) with the most influence have acknowledged that it is a bug. Presumably it is on the bug list (which must be large). After that, there is nothing we can do. If we wait for the bug to be fixed, it could be months before the thread is marked answered. Also, I waited a week after the reply was proposed to mark it answered.

We can discuss this. Are you saying you would rather leave these threads open?

Tuesday, July 2, 2013 10:19 PM
  • Hi Richard,

No, I'm fine with leaving this issue closed. I was just totally in the dark, since I can't see who/when an answer is proposed/marked.

Thanks for the information, I appreciate it.

Don't retire TechNet!

Tuesday, July 2, 2013 10:32 PM
  • Yes Mike, losing that information is bad. It makes a big difference who and when a reply was marked. Still, this issue of forum bugs has bothered me lately. Just because someone brings up the issue in this forum doesn't mean it will be noticed or that anything will happen.

In the TechNet Wiki we maintain a Wiki of "Known Issues". I recently spent time cleaning it up, retiring issues that could no longer be duplicated. I was thinking we could do the same for forum issues (bugs). Fortunately, before I created it, I searched and found that Ed Price created one recently from a thread where Naomi listed the bugs she was aware of. The Wiki is here:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/17473.msdntechnet-forums-known-issues.aspx

But this has not been revised since the forum redesign June 18. Still, this might be the place where we keep track of the issues, and hopefully retire the ones that get fixed.

Tuesday, July 2, 2013 11:02 PM
  • I made some edits in that article but it is hard to keep it up to the current design. I will appreciate more edits there.

My blog

My TechNet articles

Tuesday, July 2, 2013 11:22 PM
  • After the update, I'm now seeing threads with new replies show as italicized.

Don't retire TechNet!

Thursday, July 11, 2013 11:59 PM