none
3D Builder BUGS and SUGGESTIONS

Question

• I can't find the right forum to post this on. Maybe a moderator can move this to a NEW category like "Windows 10 bundled software bugs"

3D BUILDER BUGS

I decided to use the new app that is installed in my Windows 10 computer, "3D Builder" because I am trying to design a custom box for a microcontroller project.

I went through the trouble to learn how to use 3D Builder, and whenever I use a "cone" to create inside rounded 45 degree corners using the "Subtract" function it leaves behind 2 dimensional material where none was before.

If I try to remove the extra material with an 45 degree angled cube using subtract, it creates all kinds of nasty 3D triangular shapes where there was only air before.

One line of code that tests to see IF the VOLUME of new garbage created by the subtract function is ==0 then, remove it and merge the connecting points together?

Does Microsoft actually test the software before unleashing the frustration off to the general public?

Am I the only one that is having this trouble? Seriously, has anyone even tried to use it other that scan 3d and print? I see lots of comments that the software LOOKS good.

Also it would be nice to have:

* A measuring tool to show the distance to your current location from the previously selected point for moving objects

* An eraser to remove the 2D garbage that is created

* The Size and Position Arrows should stay on the screen during zoom so you can place objects more accurately

* A "Snap" feature that connects your currently selected shape object to a fixed object already on the plane

* Better decimal resolution I saw several times where it was coming up with dimensions like 2.999mm instead of 3.000, after the object was previously resized to 3.000mm.

Maybe one day this software will be usable, but personally I cannot use it with the frustrating bugs and limited features.

It is just like all the other buggy software Microsoft has released that I have suffered through since Windows 3.1, how many times did MS Access crash while I was programming back then?

At least the Z80 time sharing software that I wrote in Assembler in 1982 worked properly, I didn't have the users complaining about my link lists not sorting or my RS232 data replication crashing.

I guess that they will have it corrected by the "End of life cycle" in 9 more years, and then, Windows 20 will automatically remove it from your computer without your permission.

Friday, April 29, 2016 9:45 AM

Answers

• Hello,

I'd ask in the "Other Windows Apps" forum on Microsoft Community.

As the Microsoft Community is on a different platform, we cannot move the question for you.

Once there, click on Participate near the top of the screen, and select 'Ask a Question' or 'Start a Discussion'

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join('6D73646E5F6B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Friday, April 29, 2016 9:12 PM

All replies

• Hello,

The MSDN, TechNet and Expression Library Feedback forum is to "Help improve the Library Experience in MSDN, TechNet and Expression by providing feedback on features, bugs, look and feel or by just providing suggestions". This is not a support forum.

As it's off-topic here, I am moving the question to the Where is the forum for... forum.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My E-mail: -join('6D73646E5F6B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Friday, April 29, 2016 9:11 PM
  • Hello,

I'd ask in the "Other Windows Apps" forum on Microsoft Community.

As the Microsoft Community is on a different platform, we cannot move the question for you.

Once there, click on Participate near the top of the screen, and select 'Ask a Question' or 'Start a Discussion'

Karl

Friday, April 29, 2016 9:12 PM