One Care RRS feed

• Question

• Why do i have to back up my files all the time,It is so annoying....I have to back them up and I use all my cd discs up..Do I need to back up these files? What happens if I dont?
    Windows Live One Care is a pain in the rear....
       If I do have to do this cant i back the files up some other way,like on my memory or something?....

If I can do it another way,can you tell me how,If not I will cancel my subscription and go elsewhere....

Thank You,
                    Marcus Dunning....
    Sunday, September 6, 2009 2:12 PM

Answers

All replies

• If you don't want to back up to CDs and you don't have an external drive see this post on how to back up to an internal drive - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecarebackupandrestore/thread/22258a6a-3e94-4ac2-a3e7-b21683fb913c
    Another option is if you feel backups are unnecessary you can turn off One Care backup.
    Jim - MVP Windows Live - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh - Microsoft Security Essentials
    Sunday, September 6, 2009 7:05 PM
  • The purpose of backup is to protect your data in the event of loss. If you don't care about any of the data, turn off the backup in OneCare. Remember, though, it isn't *if* your drive fails, it is *when* your drive fails.
    -steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare, Live Mesh, & MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator
    Tuesday, September 8, 2009 12:36 AM