none
Microsoft Money Plus Deluxe and Windows 10 RRS feed

• Question

• I have been running Money Plus Deluxe for years without problem on a Windows 7 laptop and recently installed it on a new Windows 10 machine. I am able to access my old data files without a problem, but it is asking me to activate it with the code and when I do, it continues to tell me I am not online (when I am) and that it can't register the program.  Then it says if I don't register, I will not be able to use it after 60 days, preventing me from entering any transactions and not allowing me to use online functions (the online part doesn't matter anyway).  But I am concerned that after 60 days it may no longer allow me to use the program at all.  Is this true, and if it is, is there anything I can do to work around it?  Thank you in advance!
    Thursday, September 3, 2015 8:14 PM

All replies

• US Money versions can no longer be activated. They have been replaced by Money Sunset: see the second, sticky post in this forum.

Note also the first post in this forum for action after Sunset is installed.

Thursday, September 3, 2015 10:45 PM
  • I agree with this individual, I also have used Money Plus for very long time. I have the pages, but cannot go to them and cannot add additional info. Why are you blocking us? Mary Hudak :hudak.mary@ymail.com

Friday, October 30, 2015 12:53 PM
  • This is a user-supported forum for Microsoft Money.  We are not blocking you from anything.

But we would like to help you if we can understand the nature of your problem.  What do you mean by "I have the pages, but cannot go to them and cannot add additional info"?  Can you open your Money.mny file?  If not, what error message do you receive?  Also, please tell us the version of Money that you are using and what version of Windows you have.

Bill Becker

Friday, October 30, 2015 7:26 PM
  • Just recently my Microsoft Money Deluxe version stopped working. I upgraded the PC to Windows 10 and no longer works.

I can open Microsoft Money and there is no problem, however after 30 seconds to 1 min, Money closes displaying the message "Microsoft Money has stop working, A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available [Close program]"

I've tried uninstalling and re-installing however the same thing happens. The file opens, but after 10 seconds of no activity or working through the file Money closes.

I've also tried just opening money and waiting before opening the file and just leaving it on the splash screen to enter the password.
    No error seems to happen. :(

Sunday, November 1, 2015 5:42 PM
  • Have you read any of the threads that discuss what steps to take to get Money to work with Windows 10?  Which steps have your performed?
    Sunday, November 1, 2015 6:10 PM
  • Barry is referring to this post:

https://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/d28d6921-1f01-430f-b33e-f5a3ec47077b/important-patch-for-money-plus-maybe-20062007-mnyob99dll?forum=money

Replace your mnyob99.dll as described there and all will be well.

Bill Becker

Sunday, November 1, 2015 6:25 PM