none
Forums achievements not registering RRS feed

• Question

• For some reason this achievement is not showing up in my profile.  I have been answering questions consistently for a while now and cannot seem to 'achieve' that medal.  I counted at least 8 non-code answers just on 09/04.
    If you found this post helpful, please "Vote as Helpful". If it answered your question, remember to "Mark as Answer".

Rich Prescott | MCITP, MCTS, MCP

[Blog] Engineering Efficiency | [Twitter] @Rich_Prescott | [Powershell GUI] Client System Administration toolkit

• Edited by Rich Prescott Wednesday, September 7, 2011 12:38 PM updated title since multiple people have the issue
    Monday, September 5, 2011 1:56 PM

Answers

• RE: Forum Answerer II - thanks to your feedback, we have found a case where the Forum Answerer achievements aren't being triggered. It has to do with the events sent around "answering" vs. "quickly answering" a forum question. We know what the issue is and know what the fix is and we'll have the fix released around the end of the month for others who run into this (various reasons for the delay, which I can't speak too so please don't ask :-). In the mean time, I will manually confirm you should have received the achievement and can unlock it for you. I'll do that today for those in this thread that I can confirm should have it.

Forum Curator III: It doesn't look like you have enough Identified a Forums Answer. Plenty of identified Proposed Answers but not confirmed Answers. I'll chat with Brent and see if he has thoughts on adjusting this achievements for proposed answers.

• Proposed as answer by Naomi NModerator Wednesday, September 7, 2011 5:30 PM
    • Marked as answer by Rich Prescott Wednesday, September 7, 2011 5:31 PM
    Wednesday, September 7, 2011 5:13 PM
  • Rich - I've been able to unlock the achievement manually for you (+ Answerer III since you've passed that as well). The underlying fix is targeted for Oct 27th now.
    • Marked as answer by Rich Prescott Friday, September 30, 2011 12:35 AM
    Friday, September 30, 2011 12:35 AM

All replies

• Rich,

if i take a look at your achievments i can see it:

Hannes

If you have got questions about this, just ask.

In a perfect world,
    users would never enter data in the wrong form,
    files they choose to open would always exist
    and code would never have bugs.

C# to VB.NET: http://www.developerfusion.com/tools/convert/csharp-to-vb/
    Monday, September 5, 2011 2:08 PM
  • Oops, I meant Forums Answerer II.
    If you found this post helpful, please "Vote as Helpful". If it answered your question, remember to "Mark as Answer".

[Blog] Engineering Efficiency | [Twitter] @Rich_Prescott | [Powershell GUI] Client System Administration toolkit
    Monday, September 5, 2011 2:09 PM
  • You might be replying a lot of your replies with code, it that case they will be counted as Code answerer instead of forum answerer.

Nothing is Permanent... even Knowledge....
    My Blog
    Monday, September 5, 2011 6:51 PM
  • In my original post, I stated that I was only counting 'non-code' answers.  I'm pretty sure that if I got 8 non-code answers in one day, that I have gotten at least 20 non-code answers in the past month, which qualifies for Forums Answerer II.

Monday, September 5, 2011 6:54 PM
  • The forums show that I have 154 answered questions, but I don't seem to be receiving achievements for them.  The only achievements I have received so far are Code 1/2 and Forums Answerer I, which required 13 answers.  To max out without getting any more achievements, I would have to get 118 answers, yet I have 154 answers with no achievements.

Code Answerer I   - 1 Code Answer
    Code Answerer II  - 10 Code Answers
    Code Answerer III - 100 Code Answers

Forums Answerer I    - 3 Answers
    Forums Answerer II   - 20 Answers
    Forums Answerer III  - 150 Answers

I also noticed on the Browse Users section that it listed my Last Activity Date as September 1st, while I have clearly been active since then.  Maybe there is a bug that was introduced during the most recent update.

Sean or Brent, if you want screenshots or more information, let me know.

Thanks,

• Edited by Rich Prescott Tuesday, September 6, 2011 12:35 PM last activity date
    • Unmarked as answer by Rich Prescott Friday, September 30, 2011 12:37 AM
    Tuesday, September 6, 2011 2:49 AM
  • Thanks for reporting the issue Rich. I'm taking a look at it to see what's going on (yes, you have enough answers to have earned these achievements).
    Tuesday, September 6, 2011 5:05 PM
  • Can you also please check if I already earned 'Forum Curator III' ? I forgot the metrics, but I think I clicked at least 800 times during my forum's participation on either vote or propose button.
    For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog
    Tuesday, September 6, 2011 9:54 PM
  • Hey Sean. I'm having the same issue as Rich. My Forums Answerer II achievement is not registering and I'm sure I have much more than the 20 answers required.

Regards, ~P MCSE, MCITP, MCTS, MCP, CCNA
    Wednesday, September 7, 2011 8:07 AM
  • RE: Forum Answerer II - thanks to your feedback, we have found a case where the Forum Answerer achievements aren't being triggered. It has to do with the events sent around "answering" vs. "quickly answering" a forum question. We know what the issue is and know what the fix is and we'll have the fix released around the end of the month for others who run into this (various reasons for the delay, which I can't speak too so please don't ask :-). In the mean time, I will manually confirm you should have received the achievement and can unlock it for you. I'll do that today for those in this thread that I can confirm should have it.

Forum Curator III: It doesn't look like you have enough Identified a Forums Answer. Plenty of identified Proposed Answers but not confirmed Answers. I'll chat with Brent and see if he has thoughts on adjusting this achievements for proposed answers.

• Proposed as answer by Naomi NModerator Wednesday, September 7, 2011 5:30 PM
    Wednesday, September 7, 2011 5:13 PM
  • Thanks Sean!  Do I get a 'Forums Bug Identifier' achievement now too? 

As for the Forum Curator achievement, you might want to clarify exactly what is required for it.  The way that it is currently written, it could be construed as either proposing answers or marking posts as answers.  (I've voted helpful posts and marked TONS of proposed answers, but haven't even gotten my Forums Curator I achievement.)

And I'm pretty sure I know what at least one of the delays is; I am eagerly awaiting it.

Wednesday, September 7, 2011 5:26 PM
  • What is the 'Bug Identifier' is about? I posted tons of various threads in Forum's feedback in regards to different bugs/misbehavior - is it related?

My blog
    Wednesday, September 7, 2011 5:32 PM
  • What is the 'Bug Identifier' is about? I posted tons of various threads in Forum's feedback in regards to different bugs/misbehavior - is it related?

My blog
    Haha, that was a joke Naomi.  That achievement does not exist.

Wednesday, September 7, 2011 5:33 PM
  • I see - well, if we add it, I'll earn all levels pretty quickly :) Actually, sounds like a good idea - Sean, what do you think?

My blog

Wednesday, September 7, 2011 5:34 PM
  • Funny. Perhaps I'll just create it for the two of you ;-)

• Proposed as answer by Naomi NModerator Wednesday, September 7, 2011 5:41 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by Rich Prescott Wednesday, September 7, 2011 5:43 PM
    Wednesday, September 7, 2011 5:36 PM
  • Hi Sean,

Just following up on this issue; are we still on track for a fix for this issue by the end of the month?

Thanks,

[Blog] Engineering Efficiency | [Twitter] @Rich_Prescott | [Powershell GUI] Client System Administration tool
    Saturday, September 24, 2011 8:45 PM
  • Perhaps you've seen this announcement in the Forum Issues forum:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/reportabug/thread/eaafee8f-57c9-44d5-b454-515ff4e76093

Fix to be deployed October 27. In the meantime, some new statistics will be available after September 29 deployment.

Also, I thought the various Curator achievements were for marking other people's replies as the answer or helpful (not proposed answers). If so, it would be next to impossible for someone other than a moderator to achieve.

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services
    Sunday, September 25, 2011 5:17 PM
  • Rich - I've been able to unlock the achievement manually for you (+ Answerer III since you've passed that as well). The underlying fix is targeted for Oct 27th now.
    • Marked as answer by Rich Prescott Friday, September 30, 2011 12:35 AM
    Friday, September 30, 2011 12:35 AM