"Ignore this issue." on backup warning RRS feed

• Question

• If I check the box that says, "Ignore this issue." on a backup warning, am I telling WHS to ignore the backup warning THIS TIME or ALWAYS?  I'm afraid to tell it to ignore something and not be able to tell it to warn in the future.

Thanks.
    Tuesday, July 1, 2008 10:10 PM

Answers

• It is for "Always" or until WHS manages to do backup for that perticular client.

Once the backup is done, it will remove this perticular warning from status box. But it will warn you again when back has again passed scheduled safe time line.

It's a good practive to check WHS status box once in a while to see if any warnings are still hanging around.

My Best,

Wednesday, July 2, 2008 11:39 AM
  • Don't forget that you can limit which Clients show the Network Health warnings. So, it's possible say, to not have any at all show up on the family machines, only yours. This might reduce the alarm!

Just 'right-click' on the Console Icon in the Task bar and de-select Display Network Hhealth Notifications on the Clients you want to not show the messages.

Colin

Thursday, July 3, 2008 9:24 AM

All replies

• It is for "Always" or until WHS manages to do backup for that perticular client.

Once the backup is done, it will remove this perticular warning from status box. But it will warn you again when back has again passed scheduled safe time line.

It's a good practive to check WHS status box once in a while to see if any warnings are still hanging around.

My Best,

Wednesday, July 2, 2008 11:39 AM
  • Before you click 'ignore' though, you need to be sure that you know the reason why it's happening in the first place.

Colin

Wednesday, July 2, 2008 5:42 PM
  • Yes, I think I know the cause, and it's one day per week.  I don't want my family wondering about the situation, but I definitely want to know if I have more than one backup failure per week.  Thanks to all who responded.
    Wednesday, July 2, 2008 9:23 PM
  • Don't forget that you can limit which Clients show the Network Health warnings. So, it's possible say, to not have any at all show up on the family machines, only yours. This might reduce the alarm!

Just 'right-click' on the Console Icon in the Task bar and de-select Display Network Hhealth Notifications on the Clients you want to not show the messages.

Colin

Thursday, July 3, 2008 9:24 AM