none
VBS to find and replace from one file to another XML file RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys,

I need the VBS code for N++. I have the two xml files one called Destination and and other one is Source.

In Destination, the tags are found in several places named as <desc></desc>

In Source, the tags are placed with text as follows,

<desc>abcd</desc>

<desc>cdef</desc>

<desc>mnop</desc>

<desc>ijkl</desc>

My requirement is, i have to copy the tags with texts from Source one by one and replace in to the Destination file (<desc></desc>) each tags vise vara.

So first tag with texts from Source replace in to the first tag found at the Destination and second one is replace in to the  second tag found at Destination vise vara.

So 200 tags with texts replace by 200 tags from Destination file.

Can anyone advise the code on this?

• Moved by Steve Fan Wednesday, September 5, 2018 3:13 AM off-topic
    Tuesday, September 4, 2018 9:32 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for visiting the Office 2016 and Office 365 ProPlus Planning, Deployment, and Compatibility forum. This forum is for general questions and feedback related to Microsoft Office applications. Since your request is more related to VBS, I'd recommend you post a new question to the "Where is the Forum For…?" forum to know where to go to ask VBS related questions:

https://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=whatforum

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,
    Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, September 5, 2018 3:12 AM