Can I get a new laptop with Windows xp Professional on it anywhere? RRS feed

• Question

• Just bought a laptop.  Like others, I keep getting asked to enter the product key and it won't accept it  And no, it's not a trial version.  This computer was featured as coming with "Windows 7 Home and Student" installed.   Why would I now have to purchase a product key to get the programs I thought were installed to work (i.e. Word, etc)?  I hated Windows Vista (actually gave away the laptop I got with Vista on it), and I certainly don't like Windows 7. 

Here's my question:   Is it possible to buy a laptop or desk computer with the old (wonderful ) Windows xp Professional on it instead of the newer user unfriendly stuff?
    Monday, March 15, 2010 12:39 AM

Answers

• Hello 7andVistaSUCK,

What product key are you entering into Office?  Not the WINDOWS product key on the WINDOWS Certificate of Authenticity on the bottom of the laptop, I hope.....

Call the 800 sales number of any of the major laptop manufacturers and ask your question.

The best way to LIKE Windows Vista and Windows 7 is to buy a computer that is powerful enough in the right areas.  Get acquainted with the Windows Vista and Windows 7 "experienc index."

For great advice on all topics XP, visit http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp
    Monday, March 15, 2010 1:10 AM