wireless lan RRS feed

• Question

• hi, my lan wirless, can i use whs with it?

regards,

fawaz

Monday, August 20, 2007 11:05 PM

Answers

• Hi,

You can use your whs in wirless lan, but whs should be wired to your dsl router.

Backup not supported over wireless lan, but still can use the share and a like within your whs for your wireless pcs.

My best.
    Monday, August 20, 2007 11:07 PM
  • Hi Fowler,

That correct, I meant not supported that first backup done by wireless connection, some times hang, or do not completed, due to your wirless signal in your lan, the sub-backup normally do not have this problem in that area.

Here, I have 2 laptops that the sub-backup done wireless as well.

Even if the signal was strong, interface within other issue could lead to failed backup.

Hope you see my point in this suggestion.

My best.
    Wednesday, August 22, 2007 6:51 PM

All replies

• Hi,

You can use your whs in wirless lan, but whs should be wired to your dsl router.

Backup not supported over wireless lan, but still can use the share and a like within your whs for your wireless pcs.

My best.
    Monday, August 20, 2007 11:07 PM
  • Abobader you said that "Backup not supported over wireless lan"

I currently have 3 wired desktops and 3 wireless laptops that access WHS, they all are backed up each night.

Wednesday, August 22, 2007 6:17 PM
  • Hi Fowler,

That correct, I meant not supported that first backup done by wireless connection, some times hang, or do not completed, due to your wirless signal in your lan, the sub-backup normally do not have this problem in that area.

Here, I have 2 laptops that the sub-backup done wireless as well.

Even if the signal was strong, interface within other issue could lead to failed backup.

Hope you see my point in this suggestion.

My best.
    Wednesday, August 22, 2007 6:51 PM
  • I have two different setups at work and at home.

work
    5 wireless computer through a WRT54G with the WHS hard wired. everyday backups work flawlessly no issues at all.

home
    4 wireless machines through an Airlink101 router and WHS hardwired. every backup fails even a manual start. this is due to the super cheap 15 dollar Fry's router. I am getting a WRT54G soon or just going straight to an N setup, but that means swapping everything out, $$$$$$

so the router itself can make or break your setup.
    Wednesday, August 22, 2007 9:28 PM