How to check the follow up is done or not for the activity? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have created a custom activity which contains a field "Next follow up". For every Account i will be creating a custom activity. If no activity is created on next follow up date for the corresponding Account , a email should trigger to the respective user's head by next day saying "Follow up pending".

For this scenario what i did is , once the activity status is completed & if next follow up date contains data, it will update the next follow up date in the respective Account and a workflow will triggers with Timeout 1 day after next follow up date.  But i am logically getting struck here (which field to compare with next follow up date?). comparing follow up date with current date is not available in workflow. 

Here i have a doubt, Process execution time will be the workflow trigger time or workflow Timeout 

For this scenario i can't create workflow to create activity on next follow up date. Because all my low level users will be importing only the completed activity from excel. so they don't edit activity in CRM.

any solutions ?

Thanks

Shankar .B

Wednesday, May 7, 2014 1:18 PM