Can't Call remotely located SQL Server through WebService methods. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I've a webservice with some methods in it. All were public methods.

My backend is SQL Server 2005 Express edition. And it is on another pc in LAN. My application uses this db when running in Local mode.(Which is set thorugh appSettings)

I've to replicate my all the methods into a webservice to make them available through application when running in remote mode.

Now I've copied all the methods from my application's class files to webservice. All works fine when runs locally.

But when i try to use the webservice to make the same call, then I found an error, saying that

"login for the user "username" was failed".

So can anyone tell me why I'm getting these type of wiered behaviour.

I was using the same connectionString for both the webservice and local application. And can assure you that it dosen't have any kind of problem in that.

Regards

-Vinit Yadav

• Moved by Max Wang_1983 Friday, April 22, 2011 6:52 PM forum consolidation (From:SyncFx - Microsoft Sync Framework Database Providers [ReadOnly])
    Saturday, July 19, 2008 7:29 PM

All replies

• I had that same error.  I commented out the identity section and got past that error.

<client>

<endpoint address="http://***myaddress****"

binding="wsHttpBinding" bindingConfiguration = "WSHttpBinding_IlocalCacheSyncContract"

contract="WcfServiceLibrary1.IlocalCacheSyncContract" name="WSHttpBinding_IlocalCacheSyncContract">

<!--<identity>

<userPrincipalName value="mylogin" />

</identity>-->

</endpoint>

</client>

Then I started running into soap negotiation errors.  All the help I can find says to change the security from 'message' to 'none', but when I do that I get security token errors.
    Monday, July 21, 2008 9:11 PM