External Backup Portable Hard drive RRS feed

• Question

• I would like to access some files  on the drive but when I attach the drive to widows 7 the drive is Not accessible and no letter is assigned for it.

How I could be able to read the files?

Sunday, October 27, 2013 4:02 PM

All replies

• Windows Server backup disks are  intended to be dedicated to Windows Server, and not to be portable to other systems.  Do you still have your server up and running?  If so, the easiest approach would be to use the dashboard to access and restore files from server backup.

If you no longer have your server, then I suggest you do some generalized Web searches for help.  For example, here is a thread that might be pertinent:

http://homeservershow.com/forums/index.php?/topic/2448-how-can-you-read-a-backup-disk-on-another-computer/

• Marked as answer by Andy Qi Wednesday, November 6, 2013 5:14 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by tiger77 Friday, November 22, 2013 2:08 AM
    Sunday, October 27, 2013 6:11 PM
  • The server is running. From the Dashboard the server " Restore files or folders for the server" is accessible but only he last 5 days of backups are visible for restore.

The previous dates Not visible, But the backups do exist because they visible when you double click on the "My Home Server" Line.

I do need the older backups because I have deleted by mistake pictures from the "Shares  Serverfolders/Pictures" and I need to restore them.

The client backups are OK.

Sunday, October 27, 2013 7:46 PM
  • It is Marked as Answered but were is the Answer?
    Saturday, November 9, 2013 1:53 PM