Live One Care Tune Up Message RRS feed

• Question

• Live One Care Tune Up completes just fine but leaves me the following information in the tune up report:

C:\Defragmentation partialy completed*

D:\Defragmentation completed

*Because of high levels of disk defragmentation, starred volumes could not be completed in this tune up and are marked for defragmentation, in later tune-ups.

I wish someone could tell me what this means and how to fix this annoying message. email answer to ericstrindholm@att.net

Monday, September 15, 2008 7:03 PM

Answers

• One Care limits the time spent on defragmentation so the message you see is normal.

Monday, September 15, 2008 8:02 PM

All replies

• One Care limits the time spent on defragmentation so the message you see is normal.

Monday, September 15, 2008 8:02 PM
  • This "defragmentation" behavior is not acceptable.  The only acceptable results is RETURN CODE 0.

When can paying OneCare Clients expect a product that leaves us with a warm fuzzy feeling?

Saturday, November 15, 2008 12:36 PM
  • GreenMamba,

I agree completely. I think the OneCare Developers should simply remove the defragmentation results completely, since they mean absolutely nothing.

Every PC is always fragmented, it's simply a matter of how badly. The moment you finish a defragmentation the PC is immediately becoming fragmented again as you use it, so there is no such thing as 'perfect' unless the PS is always off. Windows Vista finally conceeded this situation and simply does the entire operation as a background task with no interface at all. Though some complained when it was first released they have eventually simply forgotten about it since it's "out of sight, out of mind".

This fascination so many have with such a stupid message should tell the OneCare Team that as long as the defragmentation doesn't return a major error code they should simply either indicate it succeeded or better yet, display no indication at all.

OneCareBear

Sunday, November 16, 2008 2:10 AM