Layered Service Provider issue with Edge browser in Windows 10 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I'm using the LSP (Layered Service Provider) for capturing the network packets, and it is the part of my academic project. Previously IE, Chrome and Firefox are getting worked in Windows 7 on wards. But when I checked with Windows 10 64 bit, there is a new browser called Edge and it is not working with my LSP.  And I found that it is like windows application, so how can I get the packets through Edge browser using my LSP?. Is Edge browser supporting LSP?

R-VR

• Moved by Shu 2017 Tuesday, August 18, 2015 5:35 AM no C++ question
    Monday, August 3, 2015 7:22 AM

Answers

• Never heard of LSPs before.  However, according to this article, Metro apps in Windows 8 bypass it.  Since Edge is a universal app which is itself a successor to Metro apps, I suspect it would bypass it as well.

You could try the Windows Filtering Platform and see if it meets your needs instead.  Or you could look at WinPCap which might serve better for packet capture.

• Edited by SimonRev Monday, August 3, 2015 8:00 AM
    • Marked as answer by Shu 2017 Tuesday, August 18, 2015 5:07 AM
    Monday, August 3, 2015 7:59 AM

All replies

• Never heard of LSPs before.  However, according to this article, Metro apps in Windows 8 bypass it.  Since Edge is a universal app which is itself a successor to Metro apps, I suspect it would bypass it as well.

You could try the Windows Filtering Platform and see if it meets your needs instead.  Or you could look at WinPCap which might serve better for packet capture.

• Edited by SimonRev Monday, August 3, 2015 8:00 AM
    • Marked as answer by Shu 2017 Tuesday, August 18, 2015 5:07 AM
    Monday, August 3, 2015 7:59 AM
  • Hi SimonRev,

Thanks for your reply.

The article you have mentioned is the right one for LSPs. So the conclusion is Edge browser in Windows 10 is not captured at TCP/IP protocol stack.

R-VR

Monday, August 3, 2015 1:49 PM