running OCS on X64 with exchange RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys

I want to install OCS 2007 on a X64 server, i have some questions.

1.) i already have exchnage 2007 on this server, when i install ocs 2007 it converts IIS to 32 bit mode, then i converted it bak to 64 bit mode.

will OCS 2007 server still work without any problems on this server ? please post if u guys had any problems

2.) my 2nd option was to put a virtual server for OCS will it effect exchange if put a virtual server ?

Monday, September 8, 2008 6:09 PM

Answers

All replies

• Will this be used for a production or test-only environment?

Monday, September 8, 2008 6:12 PM
  • for production use ..

Monday, September 8, 2008 6:27 PM
  • In that case I would neither co-locate OCS and Exchange on the same server nor install a virtualization service on the host.

I would highly recommend that you install OCS on a separate box.  Co-locating Exchange and SQL service on the same host is not really a recipe for success.

Monday, September 8, 2008 7:35 PM
  • Hi

i have installed OCS 2007 on a X86 server with 4 GB ram and i manage to login to office comminicator and i can message to other people in the list.

but voice and video is not working.

I used the following guide to install the edge server, but it's installed on a X64 server, is this a problem ?

i have to manage it from computer management right, OCS is not shown under that is there a work wround to this ?

http://www.ocspedia.com/Edge_Srvr.htm

please help me to get the edge server working with OCS.

Sunday, September 14, 2008 1:17 PM
  • The management tools don't initiailly work on 64-bit platforms, you have to execute the .msc fiel with a -32 command argument.

See this thread:

http://forums.microsoft.com/unifiedcommunications/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2514410&SiteID=57

Tuesday, September 16, 2008 1:38 PM
  • I installaed OCS and Edge on 64 bit servers and it was installes sucessfully, only problem is my IM works but audio and video does not work from out side, i am working on this issue now. just want to let u guys know.

I will post my updates on this forum, it'll be useful for some one else

Thursday, September 18, 2008 11:39 AM