Integration of SharedView in Live Messenger RRS feed

• Question

• In an MS FAQ about SharedViex i read :

Q: Is Microsoft SharedView integrated with Windows Live Messenger?
    A: Yes - inside Messenger, you'll find a SharedView menu item on the Activities menu.  Choosing this will send an IM Invite to join a SharedView session, and you'll be notified from the bar at the top of the screen when the person you invited accepts or declines the invite, or if they didn't reply after a couple of minutes.  The person you invite receives a request to join your SharedView session, and if they accept they will quickly join into your session.

I've tried to do this, but i can't  have this possibility

Can you help me please ?

Thank's

Wednesday, November 21, 2007 4:59 PM

Answers

•  

Hi,

Unfortunately, we just discovered on Monday that the Messenger 8.5 upgrade disables their add-ins, which SharedView installs to allow Activity invites.  We are working on a solution to the problem.  As a workaround, if Messenger is running, you can invite people using Messenger when you Start a Session within SharedView.  Simply sign-in, choose to start a session, then choose to send invites using Messenger.  Messenger must be running for this to work, and this feature is not disabled by Messenger 8.5.

thanks

Cameron

Friday, November 23, 2007 5:23 PM

All replies

•  

Hi,

Unfortunately, we just discovered on Monday that the Messenger 8.5 upgrade disables their add-ins, which SharedView installs to allow Activity invites.  We are working on a solution to the problem.  As a workaround, if Messenger is running, you can invite people using Messenger when you Start a Session within SharedView.  Simply sign-in, choose to start a session, then choose to send invites using Messenger.  Messenger must be running for this to work, and this feature is not disabled by Messenger 8.5.

thanks

Cameron

Friday, November 23, 2007 5:23 PM
  • Not with Live Messenger 8.5. 1302. 1018

Thursday, October 16, 2008 6:45 PM
  •  

Friday, January 9, 2009 4:00 PM
  • This seems to be broken again with version 2009. Is there a fix in the works?

Q: Is Microsoft SharedView integrated with Windows Live Messenger?
    A: Yes - inside Messenger, you'll find a SharedView menu item on the Activities menu.  Choosing this will send an IM Invite to join a SharedView session, and you'll be notified from the bar at the top of the screen when the person you invited accepts or declines the invite, or if they didn't reply after a couple of minutes.  The person you invite receives a request to join your SharedView session, and if they accept they will quickly join into your session.
    Tuesday, January 13, 2009 11:25 PM