none
SyncToy to run Silently without Command Prompt window visible? RRS feed

• Question

•  I just switched over to syncToy 2.1 for 64 bit Win7, and it works great.  ALOT better than Offline Files.  I have it configured with Task Scheduler so it only runs ECHO during Workstation Unlock  IF connected to our local network. 

The only thing is that even though I have checked the box to RUN hidden in Task Scheduler, it still shows the command prompt window during the sync.  And if it's just a few files to "sync" the command prompt window is up there for but a half second, but if it's a lot of files, the window is up there the whole time.  Do you know how can I make it so it doesn't show the command prompt window? 

• Edited by Techguy32 Friday, March 19, 2010 8:32 PM word
    Friday, March 19, 2010 8:31 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Techguy32,

Thank you for choosing SyncToy and glad to see it can help!

But I'm afraid that current version of SyncToy has no option to allow itself running silently. Some other users are suffering this problem, too. And some of them made a work around at http://www.zxian.org/2009/01/08/hiding-microsoft-synctoycmd-for-backups/ , maybe you can have a try.

Thanks

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Monday, March 22, 2010 1:29 AM
  • If you check "Run whether user is logged in or not", any task you are scheduling will not run interactively (no window will pop up.)

A side effect is that you will not be able to see the process in task manager either. If you use process explorer instead you will see it.

Replying to dead threads since 1989,

Vlad

Tuesday, June 19, 2012 5:44 PM
  • Vlad,

Thanks so much - perfect - exactly what I was looking for!

Mark

Monday, March 10, 2014 2:21 AM
  • Select task to be run even without the user being logged in. Then Task Scheduler won't open Command Prompt to user when it is running SyncToyCmd.exe. The option is in task's general options page.

Saturday, November 5, 2016 7:02 PM
  • If you check "Run whether user is logged in or not", any task you are scheduling will not run interactively (no window will pop up.)

A side effect is that you will not be able to see the process in task manager either. If you use process explorer instead you will see it.

Replying to dead threads since 1989,

Vlad

Nice. Spot on, Thanks.
    Wednesday, November 9, 2016 12:13 AM
  • Select task to be run even without the user being logged in. Then Task Scheduler won't open Command Prompt to user when it is running SyncToyCmd.exe. The option is in task's general options page.

Thank you.
    Wednesday, November 9, 2016 12:13 AM