none
Value cannot be null. Parameter name: source RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm getting this error deploying a web application in Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard. IIS settings seems to be right in terms of Application Pool (.NET v4.5).

Value cannot be null.
    Parameter name: source
    Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.ServiceModel.FaultException`1[[System.ServiceModel.ExceptionDetail, System.ServiceModel, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]]: Value cannot be null.
    Parameter name: source

Source Error:
    An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[FaultException`1: Value cannot be null.
    Parameter name: source]
       System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg) +14483202
       System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type) +622
       ROMA.FrontEnd.ServiceReference1.IFRONT_END_WCF_SERVICE.GetLoginUserDetail(String email, String password) +0
       ROMA.FrontEnd.Controllers.AccountController.Login(LoginModel model) +198
       lambda_method(Closure , ControllerBase , Object[] ) +127
       System.Web.Mvc.ReflectedActionDescriptor.Execute(ControllerContext controllerContext, IDictionary`2 parameters) +242
       System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethod(ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionDescriptor actionDescriptor, IDictionary`2 parameters) +39
       System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.<BeginInvokeSynchronousActionMethod>b__39(IAsyncResult asyncResult, ActionInvocation innerInvokeState) +12
       System.Web.Mvc.Async.WrappedAsyncResult`2.CallEndDelegate(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +139
       System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncInvocationWithFilters.<InvokeActionMethodFilterAsynchronouslyRecursive>b__3d() +112
       System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass46.<InvokeActionMethodFilterAsynchronouslyRecursive>b__3f() +452
       System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass33.<BeginInvokeActionMethodWithFilters>b__32(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +15
       System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass2b.<BeginInvokeAction>b__1c() +37
       System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass21.<BeginInvokeAction>b__1e(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +241
       System.Web.Mvc.Controller.<BeginExecuteCore>b__1d(IAsyncResult asyncResult, ExecuteCoreState innerState) +29
       System.Web.Mvc.Async.WrappedAsyncVoid`1.CallEndDelegate(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +111
       System.Web.Mvc.Controller.EndExecuteCore(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +53
       System.Web.Mvc.Async.WrappedAsyncVoid`1.CallEndDelegate(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +19
       System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.<BeginProcessRequest>b__5(IAsyncResult asyncResult, ProcessRequestState innerState) +51
       System.Web.Mvc.Async.WrappedAsyncVoid`1.CallEndDelegate(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +111
       System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +606
       System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +288

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.34274

I already installed the web application in another Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard without any problem. The application works even in some Virtual Machines where it is installed.

Might you help me on finding and fixing this issue?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best regards,
    Lorens

• Moved by 宝宝徐 Thursday, October 5, 2017 5:04 AM
    Thursday, September 28, 2017 10:27 AM

All replies

• Hi Lorens,

Thank you for posting in MSDN forum.

This forum is discussing about .Net Framework setup and servicing, from your description, as your issue is related to MVC and Test Web Server, I recommend you post a new thread to: https://forums.asp.net/1146.aspx/1?MVC for a much professional support.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards,

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, September 29, 2017 6:50 AM
  • Thank you,

as you suggested, I did it right now.

I opened this new thread: https://forums.asp.net/p/2129700/6169374.aspx?p=True&t=636425444598302297

I suppose we can close this one.

Thanks and best regards,

Lorens

• Proposed as answer by 宝宝徐 Wednesday, October 4, 2017 1:43 AM
    Monday, October 2, 2017 7:38 PM
  • Hi Lorens,

Thank you for your update.

Please mark your reply as answer to close this thread.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Best Regards,

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, October 4, 2017 1:44 AM