none
Windows for stand alone appliaction RRS feed

• Question

• Let me start off by saying I have what could be best described as limited computer knowledge. My question revolves around a stand alone application I have. I build mini-bowling lanes and have an automatic scoring program under development (someone else is coding). They are developing this for windows OS. I have been testing but am running into issues when the computer wants to do updates, plus any other pop up notice that occurs. I am looking for a microsoft OS that can replace the windows 10pro currently on my computer. I do not need any apps or internet/wifi access. Does what I'm looking for exist? I contacted microsoft sales and their response was to check here. Any and all help is appreciated.
    • Moved by Stanly Fan Friday, June 15, 2018 3:37 AM
    Thursday, June 14, 2018 4:52 PM

Answers

All replies

• As you running into issues such as updates, turn them off in control panel. Same goes for pop-ups.  

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.
    VB Forums - moderator
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites

Friday, June 15, 2018 1:09 AM
  • Hi coasterp,

This forum is discussing and asking questions about the Windows Form and ClickOnce, I'm afraid your question is not related to them, I will move this thread to Where is the Forum For…? Forum so that the moderator will redirect your problem to some more professional forums.

Regards,

Frankie

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, June 15, 2018 3:05 AM
  • I am looking for a microsoft OS that can replace the windows 10pro currently on my computer.

I'd ask for help over here.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows

am running into issues when the computer wants to do updates

and over here.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/update 

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Friday, June 15, 2018 3:43 AM