none
Microsoft Office Access Database engine & Hotfix for Microsoft Windows(KB2643882) needed to install and open Streets & Trips on Win 10 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

whenever I try to install a 2013 Microsoft Streets and Trips on a 64 bits windows 10 Laptop, I am told it requires the following components: Microsoft Office Access Database engine and  Hotfix for Microsoft Windows(KB2643882). When I click on ok to install, I get "One of the prerequisite components failed to install. Setup will now exit" error message. How do I get Microsoft Office Access Database engine & Hotfix for Microsoft Windows(KB2643882) for a 64 bit windows 10 computer? 

Monday, January 4, 2016 9:56 PM

All replies

• It appears you never received an answer and I just now ran into the same problem.  Did you ever resolve it?  Apparently that Hotfix was for Windows 7.  I have a brand new HP with Windows 10 Pro and Office 365 including Access Database.  Would appreciate it if you would let me know if you were able to solve this issue and how?  Thank you!  -George-
    Tuesday, January 23, 2018 11:52 PM
  • i was able to install Streets and Trips 2013 on my new 64-bit Acer successfully, TWICE as i had to send new unit to factory to change/update BIOS in order to move from Version 1703 to Version 1709.  After today's install, i checked and Windows Update didn't show Hotfix KB2643882 in "Installed update history".  Windows 10 Update is evidently able to realize it doesn't need that Hotfix, so i would think it is unlikely that you need a Win 10 version of the Hotfix.  i also installed on 32-bit Windows two 10 tablets; one of which was upgrade from 8.1 in 2014.  Both my current systems have or had trial versions of Office 365 (2016?) installed with Access DB.  i installed Streets and Trips 2013 on XP and Vista Machines that only had Word and Excel.  My understanding is that the "Database engine" is freestanding whether or not user has Access bundled in with their Office implementation, so i don't think "dueling" Access programs would logically be your problem... but who knows with Windows.

Only difference that might explain my success is that i am running Windows 10 Home not Pro and an Acer Bios vs HP.  Sorry i can't give you definitive answer, but thought it worth providing a few breadcrumbs that point you towards Windows 10 Pro issues for your problems.  i'm in the Forums because i've used my Activation Key on numerous machines (including my travel buddy's laptop) going back to 2013, and Microsoft is telling me i can't install any more copies, and i need at least one more install for my 2nd (backup) tablet i take with me on long trips.

• Proposed as answer by TallTigger Sunday, February 11, 2018 12:46 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by TallTigger Sunday, February 11, 2018 12:46 AM
    Sunday, February 11, 2018 12:45 AM