none
How do I delete a thread in the forum? RRS feed

• Question

• How do I delete a thread from the forum? My thread has a reply from someone already and there Delete button is not there for me use anymore but I don’t want to continue with that thread neither do I want it to remain there forever. Is there any specific place in the forums that I can use to ask the moderators to delete my thread?

Thanks.

Mpumelelo

Tuesday, November 6, 2012 10:25 AM

Answers

• HI Mpum !

Only Forum Administrator / Moderator will be able to delete the thread. User(s) are not allowed to delete a thread once there has been a reply posted to that thread.

It will be always nice to let thread stay there so other users can benefit from it.

Please let me know if this doesn’t work for you. Hope I have answered you correctly.

Thanks, Hasham Niaz

• Proposed as answer by Naomi NModerator Tuesday, November 6, 2012 2:06 PM
    • Marked as answer by Mpumelelo S Tuesday, November 6, 2012 2:26 PM
    Tuesday, November 6, 2012 10:37 AM

All replies

• HI Mpum !

Only Forum Administrator / Moderator will be able to delete the thread. User(s) are not allowed to delete a thread once there has been a reply posted to that thread.

It will be always nice to let thread stay there so other users can benefit from it.

Please let me know if this doesn’t work for you. Hope I have answered you correctly.

Thanks, Hasham Niaz

• Proposed as answer by Naomi NModerator Tuesday, November 6, 2012 2:06 PM
    • Marked as answer by Mpumelelo S Tuesday, November 6, 2012 2:26 PM
    Tuesday, November 6, 2012 10:37 AM
  • Hi Niaz

Thank you for your reply. I don’t think it will be useful for the other users to see the thread that I want to get rid of because the way I had asked the question was flawed and one of the users kindly pointed it out to me and that is the only reply which is there. Do you know how I can ask one of the moderators to delete that thread? That thread can be found in the link below. I certainly don’t want it to remain in the forums.

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/transactsql/thread/e5570ac9-bf6a-4103-acea-3d25db0f7b24

Many thanks.

Mpumelelo

Tuesday, November 6, 2012 10:48 AM
  • The only thing you could do is, delete all your posts and hope for the other to delete their posts aswell so you can delete your question. Otherwise only mods can delete threads as told above already.

The following is my signature:

Powershell Programmer & Advanced Lua Programmer

Beside that, whenever you see a reply, you think is helpful, click "Alternate TextVote As Helpful"! And whenever you see a reply being an answer to the main question of the thread, click "Alternate TextMark As Answer" (if you opened the thread).

Please contact me, before reporting me, thank you.

[string](0..21|%{[char][int]([int]("{0:d}" -f 0x28)+('577076797174-87661607769657424-8687168065964').substring(($_*2),2))})-replace' '

Tuesday, November 6, 2012 11:14 AM
  • Thank you Livio. I will try that hoping that after we have both deleted our subsequent posts the first and original post will then be possible to delete. If it works I will let you know.

Mpumelelo

Tuesday, November 6, 2012 11:22 AM
  • I deleted that thread as I saw you posted another one which was solved.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

Tuesday, November 6, 2012 2:08 PM
  • Thank you Naomi.

Mpumelelo

Tuesday, November 6, 2012 2:27 PM