Time Logged:

Monday, 17 November 2008 10:04:30 AM

Collapse All

Action

Action Information

Execution Result

Execute Action

Failure
    [0xC3EC79E8] One or more errors occurred while starting services. Please see individual service for more information.

Starting Service

Service Name: RTCSRV
    Descriptive Name: Office Communications Server Front-End
    Service Status: Error

Failure
    [0xC3EC79E6] Service failed to start as requested.

Starting Service

Service Name: RTCACPMCU
    Descriptive Name: Office Communications Server Telephony Conferencing
    Service Status: Already running

Success

Starting Service

Service Name: RTCIMMCU
    Descriptive Name: Office Communications Server IM Conferencing

Success

Starting Service

Service Name: RTCDATAMCU
    Descriptive Name: Office Communications Server Web Conferencing

Success

Starting Service

Service Name: RTCAVMCU
    Descriptive Name: Office Communications Server Audio/Video Conferencing

Success

I am using SSL certificate from DigiCert which is Standard X509 SSL/TLS & UC Certificates 

I come to know that wildcard certificate might be a problem when Front End server doesn't start. I am not sure how to check that i am using WildCard Certificate.

---------------------------
    When i try to start a service called "Office Communication server: Front End, i receive the below error

---------------------------
    Windows could not start the Office Communications Server Front-End on Local Computer. For more information, review the System Event Log. If this is a non-Microsoft service, contact the service vendor, and refer to service-specific error code -1008124857.

Can anyone please help me?

Thanks

Mohammad

Monday, November 17, 2008 12:27 AM

Answers

All replies

• I have done further test by using Office Communication Server: Best Practice Analizer tool, which gives me the below errors.

Can anyone please give tell me how i should resolved these error

----

All Issues
    Items of severity Warnings

Cannot find DNS 'Service Location' record. Environment Assessment: DNS Servers
      The Service Location (SRV) record for '_sipinternaltls._tcp.xxx.org.au' could not be retrieved from DNS server '10.1.2.20'. Client sign-in failures may result. Verify that the DNS server is online and that the Service Location record is present.

The Service Location (SRV) record for '_ntp._udp.xxx.org.au' could not be retrieved from DNS server '10.1.2.20'. Client sign-in attempts to the Microsoft Office Communicator phone experience client may fail as a result. Verify that the DNS server is online and that the Service Location record is present.

The Service Location (SRV) record for '_ntp._udp.xxx.qum' could not be retrieved from DNS server '10.1.2.20'. Client sign-in attempts to the Microsoft Office Communicator phone experience client may fail as a result. Verify that the DNS server is online and that the Service Location record is present.

The Service Location (SRV) record for '_sipinternaltls._tcp.xxx.org.au' could not be retrieved from DNS server '10.1.3.20'. Client sign-in failures may result. Verify that the DNS server is online and that the Service Location record is present.

The Service Location (SRV) record for '_ntp._udp.xxx.org.au' could not be retrieved from DNS server '10.1.3.20'. Client sign-in attempts to the Microsoft Office Communicator phone experience client may fail as a result. Verify that the DNS server is online and that the Service Location record is present.

The Service Location (SRV) record for '_ntp._udp.xxx.qum' could not be retrieved from DNS server '10.1.3.20'. Client sign-in attempts to the Microsoft Office Communicator phone experience client may fail as a result. Verify that the DNS server is online and that the Service Location record is present.

The Service Location (SRV) record for '_sipinternaltls._tcp.xxx.org.au' could not be retrieved from DNS server '10.1.50.20'. Client sign-in failures may result. Verify that the DNS server is online and that the Service Location record is present.

The Service Location (SRV) record for '_ntp._udp.xxx.org.au' could not be retrieved from DNS server '10.1.50.20'. Client sign-in attempts to the Microsoft Office Communicator phone experience client may fail as a result. Verify that the DNS server is online and that the Service Location record is present.

The Service Location (SRV) record for '_ntp._udp.xxx.qum' could not be retrieved from DNS server '10.1.50.20'. Client sign-in attempts to the Microsoft Office Communicator phone experience client may fail as a result. Verify that the DNS server is online and that the Service Location record is present.

One or more errors have been detected in the 'Office Communications Server' Event Log within the last 7 days. Check the 'Office Communications Server' Event Log and take action as appropriate. Front End Server: server-comms.xxx.qum
      One or more errors have been detected in the 'Office Communications Server' Event Log within the last 7 days. Check the 'Office Communications Server' Event Log and take action as appropriate.
      Tell me more about this issue and how to resolve it.

One or more errors have been detected in the 'Office Communications Server' Event Log within the last 7 days. Check the 'Office Communications Server' Event Log and take action as appropriate. Office Communicator Server 2007 Edge Server: server-comms.xxx.qum
      One or more errors have been detected in the 'Office Communications Server' Event Log within the last 7 days. Check the 'Office Communications Server' Event Log and take action as appropriate.

One or more warnings have been detected in the 'Office Communications Server' Event Log within the last 7 days. Check the 'Office Communications Server' Event Log and take action as appropriate. Front End Server: server-comms.xxx.qum
      One or more warnings have been detected in the 'Office Communications Server' Event Log within the last 7 days. Check the 'Office Communications Server' Event Log and take action as appropriate.

One or more warnings have been detected in the 'Office Communications Server' Event Log within the last 7 days. Check the 'Office Communications Server' Event Log and take action as appropriate. Office Communicator Server 2007 Edge Server: server-comms.xxx.qum
      One or more warnings have been detected in the 'Office Communications Server' Event Log within the last 7 days. Check the 'Office Communications Server' Event Log and take action as appropriate.

Port 5061 is not available, possibly because of network issues or because the service is not operational. Front End Server: server-comms.xxx.qum
      Port 5061 is not available, possibly because of network issues or because the service is not operational.

'RtcSrv' service on server 'server-comms.xxx.qum' is in 'Stopped' state. Front End Server: server-comms.xxx.qum
      The 'RtcSrv' service is not currently running. You may lose connectivity or have other issues.

'RtcSrv' service on server 'server-comms.xxx.qum' is in 'Stopped' state. Office Communicator Server 2007 Edge Server: server-comms.xxx.qum
      The 'RtcSrv' service is not currently running. You may lose connectivity or have other issues.

The Default location profile has not been set. Pool Name: server-comms
      IP/PSTN calls will fail because the location profile has not been created at the global level and assigned to Office Communications Server 2007 Standard Edition server 'SERVER-COMMS'.

The Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) service is running Front End Server: server-comms.xxx.qum
      The Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) service is running on this server. If the service is not configured correctly, it can cause service disruption.

The Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) service is running Office Communicator Server 2007 Edge Server: server-comms.xxx.qum
      The Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) service is running on this server. If the service is not configured correctly, it can cause service disruption.

Items of severity Best Practices

Microsoft Exchange Server has been detected in this Active Directory forest. Exchange Organization: xxx
      You should consider running the latest Microsoft Exchange Analyzer Tools. You can obtain the tools from http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/downloads/2003/analyzers/default.mspx.

The Active Directory schema supports Office Communications Server 2007. Environment Assessment: Active Directory Settings
      The Active Directory schema supports Office Communications Server 2007.

Monday, November 17, 2008 4:40 AM
  • You can Check for wildcard certificate : the CN starts with a STAR "*"

So check for something similar to this : *.domain.com

Wednesday, November 19, 2008 9:45 PM
  • Hi

I check my certificate which is not wildcard.

This is my 2nd time installation of OCS 2007. I didn't have this issue with the first installation. 

Please tell me what else i can do. 

Thanks  

-----------------------------

SSL Certificate:
    Optional: Names to include in certificate (to determine cost):
    Update Price
    Lifetime:
    Payment Method:
    NOTE: Purchase Orders must be approved before you can order from them.
    Already have a DigiCert account? Click here to log in.
    Total: $328
    DigiCert Unified Communications

Perfect for Exchange 2007, OCS 2007. Protect multiple FQDNs with one certificate using Subject Alternative Names (SANs.)
    Learn more

• Base price includes 4 FQDNs.
    • Additional names are only $39.
    • Unlimited server license lets you install on multiple servers at no extra cost.
    • Maximum of 150 names per certificate.
    Buy with Confidence
    • 24/6 Support via chat, email, or phone.
    • Strong 128/256 bit SSL encryption.
    • Trusted by over 99% of browsers.
    • 30-day money back guarantee. No questions asked.
    • DigiCert is ranked in the top 10 CAs worldwide.
    • Free reissues and replacements for the lifetime of the certificate.

of the respective holders.
    Thursday, November 20, 2008 2:06 AM
  • Please Check the application log as you have posted the System log error

There should be more info

Friday, November 21, 2008 8:39 PM
  • I have checked the Application logs in the Event viwer and found the following errors, not sure what to do next

--------------------------------------------------------------

Event Type: Error
    Event Source: Userenv
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 1085
    Date:  25/11/2008
    Time:  7:33:18 AM
    User:  NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
    Computer: SERVER-COMMS
    Description:
    The Group Policy client-side extension Scripts failed to execute. Please look for any errors reported earlier by that extension.
    For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
    ---------------------------------------
    Event Type: Warning
    Event Source: Userenv
    Event ID: 1517
    Date:  21/11/2008
    Time:  4:22:11 PM
    User:  NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
    Description:
    Windows saved user NPS\administrator registry while an application or service was still using the registry during log off. The memory used by the user's registry has not been freed. The registry will be unloaded when it is no longer in use.
     This is often caused by services running as a user account, try configuring the services to run in either the LocalService or NetworkService account.
    For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
    ------------------------------------------------
    Event Source: .NET Runtime 2.0 Error Reporting
    Event ID: 5000
    Date:  21/11/2008
    Time:  1:03:08 PM
    User:  N/A
    Description:
    EventType clr20r3, P1 rtcaggregate.exe, P2 3.0.6362.0, P3 46a4ccc0, P4 rtcaggregate, P5 3.0.0.0, P6 46a4ccc0, P7 6d, P8 0, P9 system.indexoutofrangeexception, P10 NIL.
    Data:
    0000: 63 00 6c 00 72 00 32 00   c.l.r.2.
    0008: 30 00 72 00 33 00 2c 00   0.r.3.,.
    0010: 20 00 72 00 74 00 63 00    .r.t.c.
    0018: 61 00 67 00 67 00 72 00   a.g.g.r.
    0020: 65 00 67 00 61 00 74 00   e.g.a.t.
    0028: 65 00 2e 00 65 00 78 00   e...e.x.
    0030: 65 00 2c 00 20 00 33 00   e.,. .3.
    0038: 2e 00 30 00 2e 00 36 00   ..0...6.
    0040: 33 00 36 00 32 00 2e 00   3.6.2...
    0048: 30 00 2c 00 20 00 34 00   0.,. .4.
    0050: 36 00 61 00 34 00 63 00   6.a.4.c.
    0058: 63 00 63 00 30 00 2c 00   c.c.0.,.
    0060: 20 00 72 00 74 00 63 00    .r.t.c.
    0068: 61 00 67 00 67 00 72 00   a.g.g.r.
    0070: 65 00 67 00 61 00 74 00   e.g.a.t.
    0078: 65 00 2c 00 20 00 33 00   e.,. .3.
    0080: 2e 00 30 00 2e 00 30 00   ..0...0.
    0088: 2e 00 30 00 2c 00 20 00   ..0.,. .
    0090: 34 00 36 00 61 00 34 00   4.6.a.4.
    0098: 63 00 63 00 63 00 30 00   c.c.c.0.
    00a0: 2c 00 20 00 36 00 64 00   ,. .6.d.
    00a8: 2c 00 20 00 30 00 2c 00   ,. .0.,.
    00b0: 20 00 73 00 79 00 73 00    .s.y.s.
    00b8: 74 00 65 00 6d 00 2e 00   t.e.m...
    00c0: 69 00 6e 00 64 00 65 00   i.n.d.e.
    00c8: 78 00 6f 00 75 00 74 00   x.o.u.t.
    00d0: 6f 00 66 00 72 00 61 00   o.f.r.a.
    00d8: 6e 00 67 00 65 00 65 00   n.g.e.e.
    00e0: 78 00 63 00 65 00 70 00   x.c.e.p.
    00e8: 74 00 69 00 6f 00 6e 00   t.i.o.n.
    00f0: 20 00 4e 00 49 00 4c 00    .N.I.L.
    00f8: 0d 00 0a 00               ....   
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I have also found lots of error in Office Communication Server event logs in Event Viwer

Event Source: OCS MCU Infrastructure
    Event Category: (1022)
    Event ID: 61013
    Time:  7:06:03 AM
    Description:
    The process AVMCUSvc(1844) failed to send health notifications to the MCU factory at https://server-comms.nps.qum:444/LiveServer/MCUFactory/.
    Failure occurrences: 22225, since 21/11/2008 10:29:34 AM.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Time:  7:05:34 AM
    Description:
    The process DataMCUSvc(1960) failed to send health notifications to the MCU factory at https://server-comms.nps.qum:444/LiveServer/MCUFactory/.
    Failure occurrences: 22223, since 21/11/2008 10:29:35 AM.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Time:  7:04:25 AM
    Description:
    The process IMMcuSvc(2064) failed to send health notifications to the MCU factory at https://server-comms.nps.qum:444/LiveServer/MCUFactory/.
    Failure occurrences: 22219, since 21/11/2008 10:29:26 AM.
    --------------
    Time:  7:03:26 AM
    Description:
    The process AcpMcuSvc(1788) failed to send health notifications to the MCU factory at https://server-comms.nps.qum:444/LiveServer/MCUFactory/.
    Failure occurrences: 22215, since 21/11/2008 10:29:27 AM.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please tell me what do next:
    Thanks
    Mohammad
    Monday, November 24, 2008 9:09 PM
  • Looks like you have severe problems

RTCAggregate.exe process fails with .NET error

The RTC Aggregate application manages the multiple points of presence (MPOP) feature for Office Communications Server by aggregating the presence information published by multiple client endpoints into one presence status that best represents the user's current availability. For more information about the RTC Aggregate application, see the Presence Components section later in this topic.

Support from Microsoft might be required
    Tuesday, November 25, 2008 11:47 PM
  • Can you check if this hotfix has been installed recently?

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/956389

Wednesday, November 26, 2008 12:15 AM
  • Opss! What i do now.

I am installing the free version of OCS 2007, If i call Microsoft, will they help me as i have not purchased this product yet.

I will try again to start Fron-End-Server after i will apply your suggested Hotfix.

or

Do you think, i should uninstall and reinstall OCS 2007 again?

If yes, do i need to delete all OCS ref in AD or just uninstall and re install the product again.

Thank you

Mohammad

Thursday, November 27, 2008 3:33 AM
  • It was a question wether you had installed the update

But you can try to install it to see if it fixes anything

You should not uninstall en re install

There is a doc that guides you how to upgrade your eval version

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=54A5521D-A928-46F2-8BF7-125DA636DD2E&displaylang=en

Thursday, November 27, 2008 10:46 AM
  •  

I applied the hotfix you have said but no result

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/956389

Now, I have notice somemore errors in Event viewer

----------------------------

under Office Communication Server Log  

-

Event Source: OCS Protocol Stack
    Event Category: (1001)
    Event ID: 14352
    Date:  28/11/2008
    Time:  12:03:03 PM
    Description:
    Unable to start the stack.

Error: 0x0xC3E93C47 (SIPPROXY_E_BAD_SERVER_CONFIGURATION).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Event Source: OCS Server
    Event Category: (1000)
    Event ID: 12326
    Description:
    Failed starting the protocol stack. The service has to stop

Error code is:0xC3E93C47 (SIPPROXY_E_BAD_SERVER_CONFIGURATION).
    Cause: Check the previous entries in the event log for the failure reason.
    Resolution:
    Try restarting the server after resolving the failures listed in the previous event log entries.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Event ID: 14497
    Description:
    One or more configuration errors were detected at startup that cannot be mitigated.

Cause: There are serious problems with the server configuration that prevented it from starting up.
    Resolution:
    Review the previous event log entries to identify failures. Alter the server configuration as required. If problems persist, contact product support.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Event ID: 14517
    Description:
    The server configuration validation mechanism detected some serious problems.

4 errors and 0 warnings were detected.

ERRORS:
    Two server roles at FQDN [server-comms.nps.qum] have different 'Treat As Authenticated' options. First server has GUID {A808721F-2BD0-43AC-A567-8182CC652A70} and role 'Enterprise Edition' (option is set). Second server has GUID {2C35A0A4-4500-4B83-856F-063403C27B72} and role 'A/V Authentication Service' (option is not set).
    Two server roles at FQDN [server-comms.nps.qum] have different server version numbers. First server has GUID {A808721F-2BD0-43AC-A567-8182CC652A70} and role 'Enterprise Edition' (version 3). Second server has GUID {2C35A0A4-4500-4B83-856F-063403C27B72} and role 'A/V Authentication Service' (version 0).
    Two server roles at FQDN [server-comms.nps.qum] have different 'Treat As Authenticated' options. First server has GUID {A808721F-2BD0-43AC-A567-8182CC652A70} and role 'Enterprise Edition' (option is set). Second server has GUID {6B4267CA-72A6-5279-B828-FF1396AA79AB} and role 'Edge Server' (option is not set).
    Two server roles at FQDN [server-comms.nps.qum] have different server version numbers. First server has GUID {A808721F-2BD0-43AC-A567-8182CC652A70} and role 'Enterprise Edition' (version 3). Second server has GUID {6B4267CA-72A6-5279-B828-FF1396AA79AB} and role 'Edge Server' (version 0).

WARNINGS:
    No warnings

Cause: The configuration is invalid and the server might not behave as expected.
    Resolution:
    Review and correct the errors listed above, then restart the service. You also wish to review any warnings present.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Under System Logs

-

Event Source: Service Control Manager
    Event ID: 7024
    Time:  12:03:05 PM
    Description:
    The Office Communications Server Front-End service terminated with service-specific error 3286842439 (0xC3E93C47).

----------------

Friday, November 28, 2008 1:27 AM
  • I suspect that you have had a previous installation of OCS or LCS in the past

Please read this post

http://forums.microsoft.com/unifiedcommunications/showpost.aspx?postid=2934663&siteid=57&sb=0&d=1&at=7&ft=11&tf=0&pageid=0

Monday, December 1, 2008 9:37 PM
  •  

Thanks again for your reply.

Yes, I found records of previous OCS Enterprise installation ref in AD.

I am in the process of a fresh installation of OCS after deleting all ref from AD, unprep forest and domain. At this moment I am reinstalling server OS, and then will go step by step according to SE installation. I will keep you update my progress

Thanks

Mohammad

By the way, i called Microsoft for help but surprisingly they don't want to give support to my trial version of OCS

Tuesday, December 2, 2008 5:22 AM
  •  Deli Pro-Exchange wrote:

I suspect that you have had a previous installation of OCS or LCS in the past

Please read this post

http://forums.microsoft.com/unifiedcommunications/showpost.aspx?postid=2934663&siteid=57&sb=0&d=1&at=7&ft=11&tf=0&pageid=0

Thank you Deli Pro-Exchange,

I have deleted each and every ref in AD, Re done everything in AD, Reinstall OCS 2007 and guess what ? It is working perfectly now. What a good news.

I found microsoft technet docs are very clear.

Well done microsoft. 

Thursday, December 4, 2008 3:28 AM