Validation of a Garage Sale Computer RRS feed

• Question

• I bought my computer at a yard sale three years ago because I am a single mother with two kids, a mortgage, etc.  in order to type medical reports as a second income and in order to do volunteer work writing grants requests for 501(c)3 non-profits.  I made the monster mistake of entering the validation process and, not being a crook, pirate, hack or thief, and having never in my entire life thought about stealing anything from anybody, let alone steal from microsoft, I proceeded with the process only to have microsoft place spywear on my hard drive and uninstall important windows features from my machine.  I entered that site in good faith and, because I don't have a spare $150 to pay in extortion to microsoft, microsoft essentially decided it was okay to steal from me (windows files from my hard drive).  Your sites don't even come near addressing an issue like mine.  Perhaps the folks at microsoft are making enough money to survive, but the rest of us, the working slobs, are really suffering in this economy, much of it at the hands of huge corporations.  Can someone please tell me how to restore my machine back to "pre-validation" settings?  Or is microsoft going to line up with the rest of the fat cats on wallstreet to extort the peasants?
    Friday, April 3, 2009 5:18 PM

Answers

• Please Run the MGA Diagnostic:

Download and run the utility at this link http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 , then click the Windows tab, Copy to Clipboard, then paste the report into a New Post on this Forum.

Step 2 is telling us about the COA. Tell us:

1. What edition of Windows XP is it for, Home, Pro, or Media Center?
    2. Does it read "OEM Software" or "OEM Product" in black lettering?
    3. Or, does it have the computer manufacturer's name in black lettering?
    4. DO NOT post the Product Key.
    5. Please also provide a short description of the issue you are experiencing.

Carey Frisch

• Marked as answer by Carl-S Wednesday, April 15, 2009 3:45 PM
    Sunday, April 5, 2009 2:29 PM

All replies

• Please Run the MGA Diagnostic:

Download and run the utility at this link http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 , then click the Windows tab, Copy to Clipboard, then paste the report into a New Post on this Forum.

Step 2 is telling us about the COA. Tell us:

1. What edition of Windows XP is it for, Home, Pro, or Media Center?
    2. Does it read "OEM Software" or "OEM Product" in black lettering?
    3. Or, does it have the computer manufacturer's name in black lettering?
    4. DO NOT post the Product Key.
    5. Please also provide a short description of the issue you are experiencing.

Carey Frisch

• Marked as answer by Carl-S Wednesday, April 15, 2009 3:45 PM
    Sunday, April 5, 2009 2:29 PM
  • I have to agree.  MS run a fuedal, big brother, system.  I would encourage people to switch to another office program, there are plenty that don't come with spyware like Big Brother MS.
    Saturday, April 11, 2009 2:03 AM