Windows Live One Care Security RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all! Today I post a valid question......when One Care scans and cleans, example, finds a virus or trojan it does not tell you the location which the infection is or was located. Now, other other security software does tell you where it was located for good reason. I feel that for me to purchase the One Care protection that item would need to be corrected. So far that is my only complaint with the software and I do see many benefits to the other features One Care provides. What do the rest of you think?
    Thursday, July 9, 2009 6:14 PM

Answers

• OneCare will show you the details of the infection in the report that you can view by opening OneCare, clicking on Change Settings, and then the Logging tab. The report you can create from there opens in your web browser.

If you are still using OneCare in trial mode at this point, you may want to review the announcements in the General forum before you consider purchasing a subscription as OneCare is at end of life and will not be updated with feature changes.
    -steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare, Live Mesh, & MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator
    Thursday, July 9, 2009 6:18 PM

All replies

• OneCare will show you the details of the infection in the report that you can view by opening OneCare, clicking on Change Settings, and then the Logging tab. The report you can create from there opens in your web browser.

If you are still using OneCare in trial mode at this point, you may want to review the announcements in the General forum before you consider purchasing a subscription as OneCare is at end of life and will not be updated with feature changes.
    -steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare, Live Mesh, & MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator
    Thursday, July 9, 2009 6:18 PM
  • Thanks! I appreciate your fast response. I will check that route and look it up. Do you know what One Care does with the infection? Is it simply quarantined or does it become deleted/removed permanantly? Thanks again ;-)
    Thursday, July 9, 2009 6:21 PM

-steve

Thanks again, I did check my quarantine log to see if there was an infected file in there, there was not. Should I assume that the one infection that One Care found is removed from my system? Because I looked at the help Q & A and it does not say anything other than One Care takes care of it but no definition as to how it takes care of the infection. Thanks, sorry to bug you but the trojan it found had been wreaking havoc on my system for about 24 hours and now things are fine. Apparently, the anti virus I was using prior was not working well.
    Thursday, July 9, 2009 6:58 PM
  • In the report that gets generated, you will see what action was taken. If the defined action is to remove the threat by deleting it, that is what will happen. In some cases, it can be cleaned from the infected file, and in others the infected file is quarantined.
    -steve
    Thursday, July 9, 2009 7:05 PM