Printer redirection not working - Server 2012 R2 Foundation RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone.

I have a problem that as really left me stumped.

So, I fot a call from a client saying that their printers are not being redirected to the server.

A little background, it's a 2012 R2 Foundation (Fujitsu) Server, with a RDS Farm and RDSCals for users, all the users work with a RDP connection to the server.

The printer redirection always worked without a problem, and it just stopped today. I already checked it the printer redirection option is selected on the collection properties, and it is. I already searched a lot and done a lot of changes on GPO as from suggested and nothing seems to work. Another thing that is also very very wierd, is that the print spooler service just disappeared from the services list, nonetheless it is possible to print for the local printer connected to the server.

The only thing that I didn't try to do, is reinstalling the Remote Desktop Services, althought I kinda don't want do it, because there's a chance that it won't be possible to install it again, therefore keeping everyone from working.

Any ideas?!?

Thanks for your help.

• Moved by Dave PatrickMVP Tuesday, December 15, 2020 4:55 PM looking for forum
    Tuesday, December 15, 2020 4:38 PM

Answers

• I'd try asking for help over here.

windows-remote-desktop-services - Microsoft Q&A

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

• Proposed as answer by KHURRAM RAHIM Tuesday, December 15, 2020 5:18 PM
    • Marked as answer by Guido Franzke Tuesday, December 22, 2020 6:47 AM
    Tuesday, December 15, 2020 4:55 PM

All replies

• I'd try asking for help over here.

windows-remote-desktop-services - Microsoft Q&A

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

• Proposed as answer by KHURRAM RAHIM Tuesday, December 15, 2020 5:18 PM
    • Marked as answer by Guido Franzke Tuesday, December 22, 2020 6:47 AM
    Tuesday, December 15, 2020 4:55 PM
  • Thanks
    Tuesday, December 15, 2020 5:11 PM
  • You're welcome.

Tuesday, December 15, 2020 7:10 PM