Remote Access: Windows XP client trying to access Windows 7 remote computer? RRS feed

• Question

• I access my home computers remotely.  Accessing computers running XP is not problem.  I cannot access computers running Windows 7.

Does anyone know when this will be resolved, since Windows 7 is being so aggressively implemented?

Tuesday, May 18, 2010 5:27 PM

Answers

• I access my home computers remotely.  Accessing computers running XP is not problem.  I cannot access computers running Windows 7.

Does anyone know when this will be resolved, since Windows 7 is being so aggressively implemented? 

It already works (I've done it myself), so there is nothing to "fix" (meaning it's a problem with your configuration, not the OS).  What message do you get when to try to connect to the computer in your LAN?  What version of Windows 7 are you trying to connect to?
    Wednesday, May 19, 2010 4:54 AM
  • What version of Win7 are you running? Remote access to the client desktops is only available on Windows 7 Professional, Enterprise en Ultimate editions.
    Wednesday, May 19, 2010 12:03 PM

All replies

It already works (I've done it myself), so there is nothing to "fix" (meaning it's a problem with your configuration, not the OS).  What message do you get when to try to connect to the computer in your LAN?  What version of Windows 7 are you trying to connect to?
    Wednesday, May 19, 2010 4:54 AM
  • What version of Win7 are you running? Remote access to the client desktops is only available on Windows 7 Professional, Enterprise en Ultimate editions.
    Wednesday, May 19, 2010 12:03 PM
  • its "Home Premium" Windows 7.  Guess that explains it.  "Not supported on this operating system."

Wednesday, May 19, 2010 4:42 PM