File Sync and Detect changes RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi All

i'am new in Microsoft Sync Framework , i just need to ask a situation i face which is , i have file say "mmm.txt" i Want to Detect changes happen to it's Contents  where that detection run all time like a service and once that change happen i will read the Contents of that file and Show it to the user in windows application .. i need to achive that situation and hope if anyone could tell me the Guidelines through Microsoft Sync Framework to solve my problem

and thank u very much

• Moved by Max Wang_1983 Thursday, April 21, 2011 10:13 PM forum consolidation (From:SyncFx - Technical Discussion [ReadOnly])
    Sunday, March 16, 2008 4:48 PM

Answers

• Hi,

There is nothing built into the Sync Framework to enable it to run as a service to detect changes in files.  That is not to say that you could not create a service and embed the sync framework functionality into that service to detect the changes. 

Have you by any chance taken a look at the file sync whitepaper "Introducing Microsoft Sync Framework: Sync Services for File Systems"?  In it, it discusses a number of topics including Detecting Changes on the File System which I think may be helpful to you.

Liam

Monday, March 17, 2008 7:26 PM