Powershell or WMI for sql server users monitoring RRS feed

• Question

• This is the scenario of my research work : I have twenty active directory accounts  that makes use of a central database (their accounts had been registered with the sql server database). The active directory users, edits and deletes data within the database.

I want to write a script to monitor sql server event logins scenario for each  Active Directory accounts . I want the script to capture the time the users login into the database, the tables  they edited, and every events associated  with EACH ACTIVE DIRECTORY USER.

Could someone give me a hint on how to go about it, possible weblinks and sources would do.

What am looking for is this : WMI for auditing Active directory, want to track
    users that logs into sql server database.
    I want to audit the time they log into the database, what they do in the database.

BASICALLY SQL SERVER MONITORY....any codes or links  pls

• Moved by Bill_Stewart Monday, October 2, 2017 10:00 PM Unanswerable drive-by question
    Wednesday, August 30, 2017 7:35 AM

All replies

• If you keep posting the same question continuously as you have been you can be banned from this forum.

We cannot answer questions specific to SQLServer tracing in this forum.  This cannot be done with any script commands and requires the server to be set up to trace a users session.

Please post in the correct forum.

\_(ツ)_/

Wednesday, August 30, 2017 8:33 AM
  • Here is a tutorial on using the trace capabilities of SQS. https://www.mssqltips.com/sqlservertip/1710/capture-all-statements-for-a-sql-server-session/

Post all questions on how to use this in the SQLServer forum.

\_(ツ)_/

Wednesday, August 30, 2017 8:38 AM