Simultaneous Remote Video Streaming WHS 2011 RRS feed

• Question

• Does anyone know the max ammount of remote simultaneous video streams the whs can perform?  I seem to be maxing out at two.  Is there a way to increase this number?  To be clear I am streaming video from my WHS over the internet and would like to have more sessions availible.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

• Moved by Ken Warren Friday, June 17, 2011 3:33 AM WHS 2011 question (From:Windows Home Server Software)
    Thursday, June 2, 2011 2:31 AM

All replies

• Just some general questions to get some more detail...

If someone attempts to start a 3rd stream what happens, do they get an error, does it time out?

Can you reproduce the problem locally?  IE if you open up 3 streams simultaneously on a client inside your network does that work, or do you have the same problem.

What is the maximum upload capacity of your internet connection...  I'm wondering if maybe you've hit the upstream capacity of your internet connection.  (IE my ISP allows me 7mbps down, but only 1mbps up)

Friday, June 3, 2011 7:26 PM
  • Local connection I have not seen any issues.  I have plenty of bandwidth.  My server is sitting on a 100 M Pipe Up and and Down.  I do get an error until another user stops streaming and then I can go ahead and connect.  I do not have the error in front of me but I will post later.  I seems like the WHS is looking to see if there are 2 different public IP addresses, and if there is does not allow any more external connections.  I just hope there is a way to change this.

Thanks

Friday, June 3, 2011 8:53 PM
  • Error message is:  An error occurred while playing the video.  For more information, see Known Issues with Media File Types at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?Link=Id=190853  This only happens when there are two concurrent streams.  Thanks for any help.
    Thursday, June 16, 2011 9:04 PM
  • Just an update.  It seems there is a limit on video streaming on LAN as well.  2 concurrent streams is the max.  I would like to adjust this setting if possible.
    Saturday, June 18, 2011 12:04 AM