Anyone else using a segmented network with WHS? It does not route well. RRS feed

• Question

• I am finding my Linux servers that are setup on the same segment, route better over my internal LANs.  I am finding that connectivity to WHS is much easier to interrupt than my Linux on samba.  I run Suse linux, ubuntu linux, media center xp, windows xp 64 bit, windows xp, and win98.  The only system that seems to lock up on a regular basis is the WHS server.  I need to tinker some more it may just be my ignorance of that system.  Anyone else notice password issues when Linux is running vs. when it is not?  When I shut down all my Linux servers WHS behaves better.  When I turn them on it seems to get a bit erratic.  How do I mean erratic.  Well it seems to deny login and such.  I have a feeling it has something to do with windows firewalls etc.  Anyone know which ports besides the usual ms sharing ports are required for WHS connectivity?  I will say this though.  WHS took an hour less time to setup and secure.  OH yeah...flavors.  Suse is 10.2, ubuntu is 6.10 and 6.06, Slackware is 11, Debian is sarge, and the others are as updated as they can be. 

Sunday, March 11, 2007 10:01 PM