When will a full crawl happen!? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone,
      my site has been indexed on Live for ages, but only last month did I create a sitemap.  My website, www.ConcertHotels.com is huge with over 300,000 pages being listed in the sitemap - however, only approximately 200 pages have currently been indexed, and its been like this for ages.  Does anyone know how long it will take before MSN does a full crawl of my website, or is there any way to speed this up?  The pages that are indexed currently rank very well - for example, typing in "hotels near metro radio arena" currently lists me in the top 2 search results, so obviously I'm keen to get more pages indexed - any hepp would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks
    Mike
    Friday, May 23, 2008 8:32 AM

Answers

• By full crawl do mean every page? Looking at your site we I can see we are crawling the site, but we are not indexing the entire site.   Depth of crawl is based on a lot of factors including how your rank and the architecture of your site.  I see that you have a sitemap in place, but that you don't have a lot of High Quality backlinks into you site.   I recommend trying to build up the sites that link to you, (you can see some of these in our Webmaster Center)  as well you could resubmit your sitemap to us.  Also in our Webmaster Center.

Jeremiah Andrick

Program manager, Live Search Webmaster Center

Monday, May 26, 2008 10:07 PM