Sql 2008 problem with CRM 4 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    I have installed sql 2008 with report server. I also change the name of 
    MSSQLFDLauncher in registery to msftesql so the setup didn't fail but now I have recieved a new error
    it described that the crm can not verified the sql report server be cause this version of sql doesn't support the "customizing security role"
    it error it point at a factor with sql 2005 but I haven't installed sql 2005 at all
    please help me cuZ SINCE I try to install the crm 4 i got roo many errors I solved them one by one but this error wasn't on the net.
    TANX
    Thursday, December 25, 2008 8:48 AM

Answers

•  

Did you update your installation files prior to the install?  There are some known issues with SQL 2008 and CRM4, but the updates to installation files fix the problems.
    • Proposed as answer by Jim Glass Jr Monday, March 2, 2009 7:54 PM
    • Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Monday, March 16, 2009 4:16 PM
    Thursday, December 25, 2008 8:43 PM

All replies

•  

Did you update your installation files prior to the install?  There are some known issues with SQL 2008 and CRM4, but the updates to installation files fix the problems.
    • Proposed as answer by Jim Glass Jr Monday, March 2, 2009 7:54 PM
    • Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Monday, March 16, 2009 4:16 PM
    Thursday, December 25, 2008 8:43 PM
  • Hi
    I had the patch and I used the xml config file to install crm 4 but the problem still  remains.
    TANX

Tuesday, December 30, 2008 12:18 PM
  • There is no direct install process using SQL server 2008.   Start from scratch install SQL server 2005, get everything running then upgrade the SQL Server to 2008.  Change the compatibility option on the databases to 100 or 10 I forget which.  Upgrade SSRS. TRUST me on this!!!!
    Monday, January 5, 2009 11:10 PM
  • Is this really true?  Oh my God!

Having uninstalled SQL 2005 last week and finally got SQL 2008 working on Friday, I have been able to run CRM 4.0 but have been unble to run any reports - "Execution cannot be found" if running SQL Reports under a domain account, "Unable to process" if running SQL Reports under Network Service.

The problem seemed to me that I couldn't install CRM SRS at all. The CD install files don't work because you can't detect the SQL reports service, but I thought I had applied the patch to the existing connector installed under 2005.  Then I discovered tonight that this wasn't installed - I couldn't uninstall it anyway - so I have deleted files, directories, reg keys and uninstalled CRM and started all over.  Again, CRM works fine, SQL reports seem to run but with no meaningful CRM reports visible and CRM Reports are dead.

When is this going to be fixed?  I can live without CRM Reports for a while, not for ever, not with Salesforce.com beckoning.
    Stephen Oliver
    Sunday, March 1, 2009 1:29 AM
  • I've installed this on Windows Server 2008 and SQL Server 2008 with no problems.
    There is a problem in the downloaded installation package, but if you update the installfiles (from the internet, no XML slipstreaming) during installation, it worked for me. If your server can't connect to the internet, I don't know how you should do it. It seems like the "update installation files" option in the setup contains something different that the updates you can download manually (don't know if this is correct, but what other explanation is there?)
    I did not have to rename or change anything to make this work. This patch was included in the automatic installation update a while ago (about a month or two?)

Best regards
    Jens

Sunday, March 1, 2009 7:29 PM
  • there is a command line to add the reports I had the same problem

I believe it's "deployreports"

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/crmdeployment/thread/90a33ea7-7351-4998-a618-c9007f29377b/

Withers
    Wednesday, March 11, 2009 5:10 PM