Can I create system view for System Jobs? RRS feed

• Question

• Can I create system view for System Jobs?
    Wednesday, October 9, 2013 7:23 PM

Answers

• Hi,

You can create custom view for System jobs by using Advanced Find but you can't a create system view in a supported way. May I ask if there is any specific reason to create a system view when you can create custom views? 

If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful" Thanks, Imran Abbasi

Thursday, October 10, 2013 1:07 AM

All replies

• Hi,

You can create custom view for System jobs by using Advanced Find but you can't a create system view in a supported way. May I ask if there is any specific reason to create a system view when you can create custom views? 

If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful" Thanks, Imran Abbasi

Thursday, October 10, 2013 1:07 AM
  • You cannot create a System View. System Views are the views which ship with the product (supporting the product design). Custom views are the ones that users create for an entity. I guess SystemJobs is not amongst the customizable entities... so all you would have is the personal views that you create using advanced find.

If my response helps you in finding your answer then please click 'Mark as Answer' and 'Vote as Helpful'

Thursday, October 10, 2013 3:36 AM
  • Sorry for the confusion. By system view i meant to create a custom view which can been accessed by all user. I can use advanced view but it only allows to create personal views. and the only way to share personal view is by

1) Sharing it with team and recreating it in each environment.

I was wondering if there is way to create custom view for system jobs as we do it for other entities.

Thursday, October 10, 2013 4:29 PM
  • Hi,

As mentioned by others, you could not create a system view for the system jobs. Use advanced find to create a view and share it.

P.S. this view could not be imported to the new environment by importing solution, and you have to create a new view in every environment.

Small Business Accounting Solution for CRM 2011

Thursday, October 10, 2013 4:55 PM
  • I don't think you can do that for system jobs

If my response helps you in finding your answer then please click 'Mark as Answer' and 'Vote as Helpful'

Thursday, October 10, 2013 4:59 PM
  • Hi,

'System Job' entity (name = asyncoperation) is a system entity and is not available for customization so as mentioned earlier you can create custom view for System jobs by using Advanced Find but you can't a create system view in a supported way. You are right that only supported way is to create a AF View and then share it with users/teams and do that same for all the environments. 

• Proposed as answer by Imran I Abbasi Thursday, October 10, 2013 10:44 PM
    Thursday, October 10, 2013 10:44 PM