locked
OnSave form error after applying CRM 2011 Rollup 6 RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi All.

    I’ve installed RU6 recently and since then cannot save any form without error message appeared:

    The <entityname> with ID <GUID> doesn’t exists. The record still saved successfully. Using fiddler I’ve found that CRM tries to refresh Form from invalid URL.  Usually it is “http://<servername>/userdefined/edit.aspx….”  (without organization prefix), but sometimes it even adds several organization names such as “http://<servername>/Org1/Org2/ userdefined/edit.aspx…..”

    The error occurs for French-based On-promise installation with multiply CRM organizations. I have several English installations and there all works just well.

    Did someone experience the same problems with French installation?

    Monday, January 23, 2012 6:43 PM

All replies

  • Hi

    I am not sure if you have solved this problem or not.

    Try this linkm if this helps:

    http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en/crmdeployment/thread/043720dd-aba1-4cc5-a83e-c4d7f1ad332e

    Monday, January 30, 2012 1:49 PM
  • Thanks, I have checked those settings. It's exactly as it should be.

     

     

    Monday, January 30, 2012 4:13 PM
  • We are getting the same thing in our English database.  It's just happening with a single organization though.  Other orgs on the same server are fine.

    I have tracked it down to these steps:

    1. Open a contact (or just about any entity)

    2. Change any field

    3. Click Save

    4. Change another field

    5. Click Save again and you will get the error. 

    So it only seems to happen if you make a change, save, and then make another change to the same record without refreshing it.  I can replicate this all day long.

    Monday, January 30, 2012 7:54 PM
  • Hi, I had the same problem exposed by The Dan Boehm. I've discovered that if you modify an entity and save it, when the form reload the updated content the system looks for that entity in the default organization of the user, instead of the current organization. If you are working in an organization different from the default organization you will experiment this issue. Here you find some information on how to determine the default organization for a user and eventually change it. If you have some user that has to work in different organization you're unlucky, you need to wait for a hotfix..

    http://community.dynamics.com/product/crm/crmtechnical/b/crmdavidjennaway/archive/2010/11/11/when-is-the-default-organisation-not-the-default-organisation.aspx

     

    http://www.dynamicsexchange.com/Blogs/user.aspx?Tableid=283

     

    Best regards

     Renato

    Tuesday, January 31, 2012 5:32 PM
  • Hi

    I have the same issue. I tried different setups and allways after the Rollup 6 the problem occurs. All Organizations are affected. Only the default org gets redirected, but the url changes aswell during save. Is there a Solution at hand allready?

    regards

    JS

    Monday, February 20, 2012 2:27 PM
  • I have opened support ticket, but so far no solution been found.
    Monday, February 20, 2012 5:55 PM
  • Hi Vlad,

    do you use SSL or default port 80 on the server in question?

    Friday, February 24, 2012 5:07 PM
  • Hi Lutz,

    It happens for both HTTPS and HTTP protocols.

    Friday, February 24, 2012 5:47 PM
  • any news on the issue ?
    Thursday, March 1, 2012 10:23 AM
  • We are also facing the same issue. Is there any update on this issue?
    Thursday, March 1, 2012 11:40 AM
  • I have the same issue here.

    I opened a ticket also for that

    http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en/crm/thread/7b08219d-d554-4ebe-a15f-df095129f9ce

    So far no reply. I hope that we have a hotfix soon, because I have plenty of our users complaining about this. This is issue is really annoying.

    Friday, March 2, 2012 1:58 PM
  • Same problem here! CRM 2011 On Promise with 2 organizations and rollup 6 installed.
    First installed organization doesn't have this problem, the second does.

    Wednesday, March 7, 2012 2:01 PM
  • Hello, I was wondering if you have received any movement from Microsoft for this extremely annoying issue.   Is there a hotfix available for this?

    Thursday, March 15, 2012 6:25 PM
  • Hello

    I was wondering the same. It is a very troublesome issue.....

    regards

    Friday, March 16, 2012 10:45 AM
  • Nothing yet.
    Saturday, March 17, 2012 6:45 AM
  • It seems that RU7 has fixed this issue.
    Sunday, March 25, 2012 10:05 AM
  • Hello Vlad,

    I've encountered this problem as well (with Hebrew organizations).

    Are you sure this is fixed by RU7? I haven't seen this in the list of issues resolved by RU7.

    Thanks.

    Saturday, April 28, 2012 11:08 PM
  • Hi Yuval.

    The installation of RU7 has definitely fixed this problem.
    I can only make educated guess why MS didn’t include this issue in the list of resolved
    bugs.

    BTW there is a similar problem which was solved – see “Access Denied” error in KB article #2600643.



    Sunday, April 29, 2012 5:58 AM
  • Thanks, I'll check this again once my client installs RU7.
    Sunday, April 29, 2012 6:41 AM
  • Hi

    Yes I can confirm RU7 fixes this issue. The fix is somehow described in the "Consider the following scenario:" Sections...

    Finally

    cheers

    P.S.: RU8 has been released - hopefully no new bugs ;)

    Tuesday, May 8, 2012 6:35 AM
  • Hi

    Yes I can confirm RU7 fixes this issue. The fix is somehow described in the "Consider the following scenario:" Sections...

    Finally

    cheers

    P.S.: RU8 has been released - hopefully no new bugs ;)

    Tuesday, May 8, 2012 6:37 AM
  • Hi,

    I also confirm that this issue is solved in RU7. I hope it does not exist in RU8

    Wednesday, May 30, 2012 10:48 AM